“Heaven!”
Review of Maison MK

Maison MK
Ranked #57 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had three perfect days in Marrakech, at Maison MK.
We just loved the hotel, the rooms, the atmosphere, the staff and the food!
The breakfast at the roof terrace was the best! And also to wake up with coffee waiting outside the door - love!

We will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 18, 2013

A fantastic place. The food and service were out of this world. They made us feel very special and very welcome. It was recommended to us by our hotel and didn't mention that it was a set 5 course meal but this didn't matter because the food was out of this world. The best birthday ever!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited for my boyfriend's birthday and the food was out of this world. There are just 7 tables and the chef cooks a set menu. There were beautiful amuse bouché and great service in a gorgeous setting, it really felt like a Michelin star experience. A true gem in the old city and certainly the best restaurant we had an opportunity to eat at.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first time to Morrocco and Maison Mk.
So spoilt, i felt a million dollars.
It helped that i was with a group of women who were all great fun.We laughed,were pampered and ate the most fantastic food.The hotel was very relaxed,the staff were so attentive to our every need and i felt very safe at all times.
Maison Mk is the most amazing place i have stayed in a long time and thank them for making my break the most memorable experience....will definately be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here in January and found it so special, magical and enchanting. Maison MK is the best riad hotel I've ever stayed. The service they provide is excellent, warm and very personal. It's small, intimate and very relaxing after a busy day in the Medina. I would really recommend Maison MK. I've visited and stayed at lots of riads in Marrakech, because Marrakech is my favorite city, but I can say Maison MK is the best luxury riad. The food they serve is also fantastic compare to all the other hotels in restaurants in Marrakech. Their rooftop is amazing! Best view and great place to chill out. I really like their homemade yoghurt they serve in the morning on the rooftop. The staff is so amazing and very helpful. You really should try their luxury hammam + relaxing massage treatment! The rooms are very comfortable and romantic. We definitely come back, because we love this place!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

From my initial contact via email with Maison mk I knew it would be amazing. I was helping organise a friends birthday weekend so quite a few emails went back & forth with various requests(from us), Hanane, the manager, always came back to me quickly & efficiently, organising surprise birthday cakes, keeping us up to date on the weather & arranging spa treatments for 11 of us, she felt like a friend before we got there.
I could mention all the brilliant attention to detail, iPods, phones, fresh coffee outside your room before breakfast, but these things are just the beginning. The staff are telapathic, they know what you want/need before you do.
I would defiantly recommend the cookery courses with Omar & Mouna. I learned so much & enjoyed taking my bread to the communal bakery. The kitchen was spotless even without a dishwasher(only Mouna)!
The food was brilliant. Having made bread with Mouna I know how much love & care is given to the breakfasts she makes. Omars evening meals should have a Michelin star, so so good.
Marrakesh was a wonderful place but it was without doubt Maison mk that made it special.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I was in fact staying at Maison MK at the tail end of Ramadan in 2011. I had such an amazing stay at 'Paul's house' that I just have to put it into words even if it is 18 months on!

Firstly the riadh itself is just simply lovely: modern authenticity. Courtyard buildings offer a private haven within a city (perfect for a bustling spirited city such as Marrakesh) and this wonderful building certainly achieves that. I absolutely loved rattling around the house or relaxing on the sun terrace. The building eminates harmony.

Secondly the house itself is very central, located office if the many organic alleys within the Medina. I thoroughly enjoyed nipping out for an early morning stroll before returning for breakfast or having a lazy afternoon in the riadh, popping out to visit the local spice shops as I pleased. I really felt at home in Marrakesh thanks to Maison MK.

Lastly and must importantly I found that Paul and his team really care about their guests. I really felt that I was staying with friends who were genuinley keen for my friend and I to enjoy Marrakesh. This did not feel like a 'check in check out' hotel, but instead a home where both privacy and community was practiced. The size of the villa helps create an intimate home atmosphere. The other guests were lovely and friendly-I often caught up with them during daily afternoon tea in the courtyard.

Maison MK offers a cooking course with their wonderful chef and the rest of the kitchen team. I would recommend this as its an opportunity to spend time in the kitchen making friends as well as learning about local dishes.

The only downside about my stay at Maison MK is that it has spoiled me! This boutique home has set the bar so high in respect to offering a genuine and unique experience that I am never quite satisfied with other boutique hotels. Where they may exceed in good design they fail in heartfelt service or location. Be prepared to be ruined forever by Maison MK and Pauls team: Mary, Mohammed, Miriam, Fouzi, Abdul, Mona, Omar, Kamal et all (as in 2011)!

RA