“A Nice Break from Tajine”
Review of Cafe Clock

Cafe Clock
Ranked #18 of 235 Restaurants in Fes
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My friends and I were quite excited to eat here after seven days of eating mostly tajine and couscous. The menu was much more varied than most dining places. Of course, that also means they cater to tourists and the prices are a bit higher than average. However, we enjoyed the place so much that we returned for a second visit. I had the falafel the first time, and I thought it was a bit too spicy (and I can handle some spicy food). It comes with a nice assortment of sides as well. On the next visit, I opted for the chicken sandwich with lemon infused mayo. The lemon flavor was a bit too overwhelming for the sandwich, but I liked their ingenuity. My friend ordered the camel burger on our second visit, and he said it was quite good... better than he expected. Although it was sometimes hard to find wait staff when we needed something at our table, they were all very nice and accommodating. The cafe advertises lots of local creative events and even sells some local artists' products. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,856)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

So many delights on offer at the Cafe Clock - music, movies, great food, fine company, fun people watching, lovely staff.....

Reviewed February 2, 2013

As a recent foodie who is discovering the many hidden secrets of Moroccan cooking, Cafe CLOCK's cooking class did not disappoint. Souad...the cheery and HILARIOUS chef who shared her secrets with us was the highlight of our day.

If you are interested in learning the secrets and tips for authentic Moroccan cooking...this is the class for you!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My parents teach english over in Morocco, so they knew of and recommended this place as a base for adventures in the medina. As a young white woman my first foray into this Arabian world was frightening. I had been somewhat prepared, and had donned a head scarf wrapped as well as I could. I walked straight from our riad to Cafe Clock where I asked and was gently shown how to wrap the head scarf properly. Later I was able to meet with a tutor and learn some words of the local language, while sipping mint tea, and eating delicious camel burgers. It's hard in this brief review to convey just how welcoming this cafe was, or what an oasis it was for the overload on the senses going on just outside. This place was the setting for many of my most treasured memories of Morocco, I can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Loved all of this place. Weird funny atmosphere, lovely staff, excellent food, great terrace, perfect location, good prices! Recommended!