Review Highlights
Excellent - A best choice

I recently had the opportunity to spend a few days in Fes, Morocco. I found Mint Tea Tours here on... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Karen0075
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Back in time in Fes

Our Gide Jamal was amazing! Not only that he knows the area so well but also the historical and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
shlomithayoun
Tel Aviv, Israel
via mobile

All reviews mint tea hand sanitizer private driver helped me organize tour company world traveler internet search making suggestions day trip mercedes van excellent driver speaks fluent local restaurants big smile detailed information other companies his passion
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We did a private full day tour of Fes with Jamal and it was one of the best decision. He picked us from our hotel in outskirts of Fes to start the tour in a very clean and comfortable car. We visited many of the tourists spot as well as multiplr unknown treasures which we would have never found on our own. He made the entire day very enjoyable and very very imformative. He took time to explain everything in detail and made sure to relate to personal stories and experience where possible which made it a very enjoyable day. It is perfect if your in the town only for a day or two and want to see best of Fes. We stopped along many souks but Jamal was very clear about not feeing pressure to buy anything, it was a change from other tours we have experienced where you feel you have to buy something. I highly recommend the tour with Jamal to learn about Fes and its history.

1  Thank hdhdhd h
Reviewed August 28, 2018

We were planning a 9-day trip in Morocco to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, and I knew better than to think I could drive there (and after seeing the drivers, especially in Casablanca and Marrakech, I knew I was right)! We (briefly) considered tours, but really wanted to customize our experience. I considered several private car/driver tours, but Mint Tea seemed the best fit for us, and I’m pleased to say that our experience with them could not have been better! It started the trip planning with Ellen who seemed to understand exactly what we were looking for. She offered to arrange for lodging for us, but I declined as my wife is pretty particular about where we stay. I had trouble finding lodging to our liking online in a few places, and Ellen was helpful in offering some suggestions. In hind-sight, I should have let Ellen book them all for us, as her suggestions were over-the-top. It seemed a bit sketchy having to do an international wire-transfer for a 50% deposit, but it is Morocco which is mostly a cash economy still! Ellen held our hand through this process and even more through the weeks that followed to plan out all the details of our trip – what we wanted to see, do, options, etc. Ellen prepared a very detailed and informative itinerary for us, we details and history of what we were going to do and see.

Our trip itself started in Casablanca (after a long trip from New York), where we spent the first day on our own. The next morning, our driver Mimoun was waiting for us in a clean, comfortable mini-van style Mercedes. He took us to Meknes and on to Volubilis where Mint Tea arranged a very knowledgeable private guide to explore the amazing Roman ruins. We were blown away. We went on to Fes for a couple of days, where Mimoun chauffeured us outside the medina, and another excellent guide, Azadine, gave us a great lesson in the history and culture of Fes – both the medina and the new city.

Following our time in Fes, Lotfi became our driver for the balance of our trip. We went through the Middle Atlas seeing Ifrane, the cedar forests, the Macaque monkeys, and on our way towards the desert. Lotfi knew the best authentic roadside places to stop, and did a great job of explaining the local culture and variations. Being Berber himself (as are Jamaal and Mimoun), we gained a much deeper appreciation of the culture. Over the next days, Lotfi took us to the Rissani souk, Erg Chebbi desert for an overnight into the Sahara (definitely a must-do! Even in the heat of July it was an amazing experience!!), Todra Gorge, Boumalne Dades, Skora, Ouarzazate, High Atlas mountains, an Argan oil cooperative, and ending in Marrakech. Throughout all this, Lotfi cared for our comfort, safety, and well-being while sharing his deep knowledge of his homeland in an entertaining and engaging way. Thanks to social media, we’re still in touch!

After our time in Morocco ended, and we went on to a week in Spain, a 10 day luxury Mediterranean cruise, and a week in Greece – a 30-day trip to celebrate our 30th anniversary – but it was our time in Morocco that we look back on most fondly. Thank you, Mint Tea Tours, for making our trip so memorable and enjoyable.

2  Thank John30115
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I recently returned, along with two of my friends, from a fifteen-day trip to Morocco organized by Mint Tea Tours. This voyage of discovery was wonderful in every way, and I commend Jamal and Ellen, who run the company, along with Hicham, our driver, for their professionalism, their wisdom, their patience, and their good humor in ensuring that we would enjoy a trip of a lifetime.

None of us had ever been to Morocco, and we contacted Ellen and Jamal upon reading the excellent reviews of Mint Tea Tours on TripAdvisor. For more than a year, we worked out an itinerary, discussed our personal goals for the vacation, and set out our priorities. We decided what kinds of hotels we wanted to stay at, and we established the pace of the trip. Ellen and Jamal proved excellent “listeners,” and they came to know us, which was vital in putting together a trip that we would find appealing. I also would like to point out that the three of us asked *many* questions along the way, and Ellen and Jamal always responded in a timely fashion, reassuring us that we would be in excellent hands.

They assigned Hicham to serve as our driver. What a fortunate decision! Hicham was excellent in every way. First of all, he is actually a terrific driver, which is essential in Morocco. But more importantly, he proved a great and knowledgeable companion. We learned about Moroccan culture, history, mores, religion, and more from him throughout every day. He listened carefully to our questions, and he helped us deepen our growing knowledge of his fascinating homeland. We were struck by his good sense and his good humor. He could read us. When we were tired, for instance, he was content for us to drive in quiet. When we were tired of shopping, he made sure that we had other activities to do. He recommended tasty, inexpensive, and healthy restaurants for lunch, and he helped us arrange dinner most evenings. When we mentioned that we wanted to hear Gnawa music, he worked out a visit to a small concert. Every day brought forth new experiences, most thanks to him.

For the most part, we stayed at riads. They were gorgeous. Generally-speaking, the people who worked at them were friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Whenever possible, we took our dinners at the riads where we stayed, and when we return to Morocco, we will certainly do that again.

We are very grateful to Ellen, Jamal, and Hicham for insuring that we had such a great experience in Morocco!

2  Thank ColoTip
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

A+ experience with Jamal and Mint Tea Tours! I travel all over the world and this was probably the most special tour Ive had in any place. I only did a day tour of Fes with the firm, but I would have them plan the full tour on my next trip to Morocco. From the beginning, booking was seamless and very straightforward. Very quick and thorough responses. I was lucky to have Jamal as my guide - he is the owner and grew up in the heart of the Medina of Fes. He is extremely knowledgeable and knows the in depth history of all facets of Fes and Morocco. (His english is impeccable too, you could mistake him for an american). He doesnt just lecture, he made the tour engaging and very personal to me. I was interested in the Jewish history of Morocco and he gave extra emphasis towards that. You can tell his job is his passion and he is always looking to learn more to share w his clients. Given that he grew up in the Medina, he showed me the true insiders look at the Medina where there were few, if any, other tourists. He also spent more hours than booked to show me around - clearly proud to show off his hometown and make experience as full as it could be. I was interested in buying a rug and brought me to a store he said was reputable. The experience was one you cant find with any other tour guide. I highly recommend Jamal and Mint Tea Tours

2  Thank JoshHarvard
Reviewed August 14, 2018

We were a group of 10 friends coming from all around the world. Our drivers, Hicham and Lotfi picked us up at the airport with no problems at all. The vans were always very clean, had bottles of water and even had moroccan biscuits and a gift for each of us when we arrived. We spent 11 days touring the beautiful country. Our drivers were more than just drivers. Both spoke English well. They looked after us and cared for our well-being and comfort even when not driving. They would help us order food and check the bill, warned us of potential scams and warded off touts when they became uncomfortably insistent. You can't go wrong booking with Mint Tea Tours!

2  Thank Udsie V