“Great Customized 4 Day Morocco Tours & Transfers”
Review of Mint Tea Tours

Mint Tea Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 Food & Drink in Fes
More attraction details
Owner description: Mint Tea Tours is a small, owner-operated transport company based in Fes, Morocco. We specialize in fully-customizable private tours, day-trips and transfer services throughout Morocco for independent travelers who crave an authentic Moroccan experience. Discover the best of Morocco with our friendly and professional English-speaking drivers!
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We were a group of 4 adults and we only had 1 week in Morocco. Morocco is really difficult to see in just one week and efficiency when getting from major city to city was important to us. I was happy to find that Mint Tea Tours provided private car transportation from city to city for an affordable price (as an alternative to flying) which allowed us to maximize the time we spent in Morocco. Our journey with Mint Tea Tours started in Marrakech with a day tour of Essaouira (beautiful coastal day trip getaway from busy Marrakech), then the next day we were transported from Marrakech to Fes with stops in Meknes and Volubilis. Please do yourself a favor and make a stop in Volubilis- ancient Roman ruins on the way to Fes. We had a private guide at the site as well and he was so informative about the ruins. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Then we scheduled a private city tour of Fes- which I also highly recommend because Fes is extremely confusing to get around in- the medina in particular compared to Marrakech medina. Then the next day we had a private transfer from Fes to Tangier with stops in Chefchaouen (the blue city- so beautiful, definitely go!) and Tetouan (short stop). We finished our journey in Tangier and wish we could have spent more time there before our flight to Lisbon the next morning. Tangier looked a bit more modernized and the European influence was noted within the architecture.

We enjoyed every part of our journey with Mint Tea Tours, especially with our great driver Hicham. He was with us during our entire journey and we appreciated his long hours of driving us to all the locations on our itinerary. If you're looking to simplify your trip to Morocco and only work with 1 company for your transfers to see as much of Morocco as possible, I highly recommend Mint Tea Tours. They were very flexible with our needs and they also offer to book your accommodations. We did not book our accommodations through them as I found this company after we had already booked our hotels so I cannot speak for the quality of the accommodations they offer.

1  Thank lilyonapond
"speaks fluent"
"local restaurants"
"big smile"
in 2 reviews
"answered all our questions"

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

The day before our trip to the desert, Mimoun, our amazing driver from Mint Tea Tours gave us appointment for 8 am the next morning at the closest square, since the riad where we were staying was lost into the little street in the medina of Fes.
At 8.10am we were still at the riad waiting for the rest of our friends to check out when Mimoun comes to see if were okay. He ended up helping with the luggage all the way to his car.
The car was immaculate:very clean, very comfortable and very spacious:both my husband and his friend are over 190cm tall and had a lot of space for their legs.
Mimoun made our 8 hours long drive to the desert seem not too long: we stopped and discovered Ifrane, the monkey forest, and a few other villages. He was also an excellent guide: knew a lot about all those little villages we drove past, he explained us so many things about the Moroccan culture, tradition and history, and I have to say that I was actually surprised to learn all those things since I've got a Moroccan background and I thought I knew everything about local culture and traditions.
Mimoun allowed us to eat some snacks in the car and to put out music on. He was also really patient and had always the smile on his face even when we kept asking him to stop every hour to buy more snacks and go to the toilet.
I can't recommend this company and this driver enough. My husband and I are already planning another trip to Morocco for next year and we will definitely book a longer trip with Mint Tea!

2  Thank FatinML
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Thank you to Mint tea tours for making our dream come true. Jamal helped me organize a dream trip with my High School friends. It took us 35 years to finally do it. Our drivers Hicham and Lofti were so accommodating and helpful. They deserve a 6 star . Traveling around Morocco made our life so much easier. Smooth all the wsy.?

3  Thank tokietan2
Reviewed June 1, 2018

Morocco had been "on our list" for several years, and although we are experienced travelers we were a bit unsure of navigating through the country without some assistance. We also read several reviews of travelers not having very good experiences, which only made us question even more whether we should go to Morocco at all. Then, I read a review of Mint Tea Tours and thought this might be perfect for us . . . as it turned out it was!

After looking at their website, we contacted Ellen and Jamaal directly and found them to not only be very personable, but they seemed to understand exactly what we were looking for immediately. So we booked our trip with Mint Tea Tours, who not only took care of planning all of our beautiful accommodations, but also provided our vehicle and driver as well as tour guides in major cities.

Our driver - Lotfi - met us at the airport and took care of us the entire trip, answering all of our questions, stopping for us to take hundreds of photos, and ensuring our safety at all times. He explained various aspects of Moroccan culture to us, and took us to some very authentic places to eat! Lotfi was an indispensable part of our journey, and we were happy to have him!

Our tour of Morocco included many of the country's main sights, from Casablanca to the capital city of Rabat, to the more traditional city of Fes, Roman ruins in Volubilis, the former imperial capital Meknes and the journey south to the rolling dunes of the Sahara Desert, then on to Boumalne Dades, Ouarzazate (Morocco's Hollywood), and the Red City of Marrakech. Our journey concluded by heading west to the Atlantic coast and the white-washed walls, and blue fishing port of Essaouira, and a return to Casablanca.

There were so many wonderful facets to our trip, with our favorite being the sunset camel ride into the Sahara. Mint Tea Tours really did plan a memorable trip for us and we wouldn't have wanted to do this trip without them! We hope to return sometime in the future to tour the northern part of the country, and will certainly arrange it through our friends at Mint Tea Tours!

3  Thank Vicki S
See more reviews
Reviewed May 20, 2018

We have recently finished a 13day tour of Morocco with Mint Tea Tours. Ellen helped us through the planning and was very patient with my questions. She helped tailor our itinerary to our interests and still left some flexibility for us in case we changed our minds. Initially, we considered doing part of the trip on public transport but decided in the end to go with a private driver for the entire duration of the trip, and we were so glad that we did! Morocco is daunting to first time visitors - the taxi drivers can be erratic and some of the cars looked old and not fit for the road. Mint Tea Tours gave us peace of mind for the whole trip.

Our driver was Hicham and he was thoughtful, conscientious, and a careful driver despite the hurdles that Moroccan traffic and other drivers threw at him. He was always punctual which is remarkable given the traffic. I had a nasty cold for the first few days of our trip and Hicham gave me some of his medicine and even organised with our riad a Moroccan home remedy of olive oil, honey, and lemon. How lovely is that! He always made us feel comfortable, never rushing us when we are visiting the sites. During the long drives, he always knew when to ask us for a toilet stop or a chance to stretch our legs. The car was a Mercedes van which had more than enough room for me and my husband, and it was kept clean everyday, it had WIFI and we were provided with hand sanitizer and bottles of water. Hicham was also good about telling us who to tip, how much to tip, when something was free, or especially helpfully even if we needed a guide versus just seeing it ourselves. He took such great care of us. He made our trip!

Book with Mint Tea Tours, it will be the best decision you will ever make!

4  Thank Sandlady85