“Excellent Fes Experience”
Review of Mint Tea Tours

Mint Tea Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 Food & Drink in Fes
More attraction details
Owner description: Mint Tea Tours is a small, owner-operated transport company based in Fes, Morocco. We specialize in fully-customizable private tours, day-trips and transfer services throughout Morocco for independent travelers who crave an authentic Moroccan experience. Discover the best of Morocco with our friendly and professional English-speaking drivers!
Reviewed March 11, 2018

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending two days with Mint Tea tours and Jamal.

Our first day was a tour of Fes. We had Azdin as our guide and Jamal as our driver. From the first five minutes of conversation both Azdin and Jamal proved to be affable, open, and knowledgeable. We had a whirlwind tour of the new city with Panoramic views of Fes and a pottery tour while a steady rain came down. We then went into the souk which was special with Azdin who has been a guide for over 20 years and knew every crack in the road we stepped on.

Our second day was a drive from Fes to Casablanca with stops in Meknes and Volubilis. We left at 930am and didn't arrive until 630pm. That said, our 9 hours with Jamal were extremely enjoyable. He has been driving for 12 years and is extremely knowledgeable as well as funny. He picked a place in Meknes for lunch that was delicious and under $3/pp with team.

The car was a new Mercedes with cold waters, a trash bag, and hand sanitizer. Since there were only two of us, we were able to kick our feet up and really relax. It was a very professional car for a professional company with excellent guides and drivers.

I cannot recommend them highly enough.

2  Thank JamboJourney
"speaks fluent"
"local restaurants"
"big smile"
in 2 reviews
"answered all our questions"

Reviewed March 3, 2018

My husband and I developed a tour with Mint Tea that met our needs. Every Riad was terrific, our guide Lotfi was very attentive. We felt that Lotfi had a sixth sense whenever it came to meeting us since he was always there. He is a charming and considerate man who enhanced our trip. The guides in Marrakech, Fes, Volubilis were all knowledgeable and thorough in their descriptions of the sites. The restaurants recommended by the guides and our driver were of a very fine quality. I cannot praise this company enough. Easy to work with and very competent.

2  Thank lbscetta
Reviewed February 16, 2018

My husband and I recently used Mint Tea to secure a private driver for 4 days of touring around Morocco. We could not be happier with the level of service, from every single point of contact. Even when all of our fine-tuned plans went totally out the window, due to an unexpectedly huge snowfall that closed a critical access road (OMG!), Mint Tea came to the rescue and helped us choose an entirely different itinerary on the fly. They turned what could have been a devastating, trip-ruining circumstance into an opportunity for adventure and discovery – it was seriously awesome!

Our diver Lotfi was the BEST! First of all, he was *such* an exceptionally competent driver in what seemed to us like some of the most stressful/chaotic driving conditions imaginable. I certainly would not have felt comfortable driving myself amidst the frenetic flurries of cars and motorbikes and even donkeys trying to share the same roads – and don’t even get me started on the roundabouts! Thankfully, we soon realized we had no reason to stress, because Lotfi was at the wheel. He was not fazed by anything, and we could not have felt safer.

Lotfi was far more than just a driver. I must admit, we had been pretty nervous to spend a decent chunk of 4 days in a car with a stranger (we are usually keep-to-ourselves travelers). But within moments of meeting us, Lotfi made us feel completely at-ease. He was such a delightful and welcome companion, sharing insights from his life in Morocco and helping us to arrange anything we needed along the way. His car was gorgeous and roomy, spotlessly clean every day, with fresh bottles of water each morning, ample hand sanitizer, a WiFi hotspot from his phone… it was like our luxury holiday home on wheels. He would walk us to our different riads each night and make sure we got in okay, and he would even call us at times to make sure we were happy and that we knew what the plan was for the morning, etc. We cannot thank Lotfi enough for his care and attention to our comfort and happiness. He really helped us maximize our experience. We miss him!

Jamal and Ellen, the owner and director of Mint Tea, personally helped us with so many things along the way – from the pre-trip planning, to the mid-trip unexpected RE-planning, to following up with us on our departure day to make sure we got home okay… we feel we have gained friends in Morocco! We absolutely plan to return to this amazing country, and to use Mint Tea again to visit the places we had initially planned to see... before Mother Nature threw us for a loop! ;) But what a fun loop it was!

Thank you (shukran!) to Lotfi, Jamal, Ellen, and everyone at Mint Tea!!! We will be back!

2  Thank lbeansie
Reviewed February 11, 2018

We planned a last minute vacation to Morocco for Christmas Break. After reading reviews I went with Mint Tea Tours. The price seemed reasonable and they essentially put together the itinerary. This meant they planned the days and mileage so we fit everything in without over scheduling or having to skip things. One item that made me a little worried was an upfront wire payment of 50% of the fee. I crossed my fingers someone would be there at the airport for our arrival.
Our driver was there waiting for us when we arrived. He helped with the luggage and had the car that was promised (a large van). Although it is very explicit that the driver is not a guide, he was still very helpful in many ways. Rather than just being a "taxi", he took care of restaurants, bathroom breaks, based on his experience of what would fit.
Other than setting up the itinerary (which Mint Tea essentially did for us, with a few adds/mods from the standard trip), our only other work was arranging lodging. But at each stop our driver took care of arranging a porter if needed (for when we stayed in the medina it was critical), giving us instructions on things to not do, how much to pay for things, etc. So even though the lodging was on us, the driver still took care of us.

It felt like we had a full service tour without being herded. Additionally they arranged a tour guide for a couple of specific locations (1 day Fes, 1 day Marrakech, and at Volubils) which was included in the fee.

We were very happy with the driver, service, and not a worry about managing the days/drive.

1  Thank bstrvl55711