“unforgettable experience at Ibn Khaldoun”
Review of Riad Ibn Khaldoun

Riad Ibn Khaldoun
Ranked #40 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Little did we know, when O and I decided to go to Fes, that we would end up in such an amazing riad. Our mouths dropped as soon as we walked in (the exterior is scary by UA standards, but don't worry about it). The place is breathtaking and so is the staff. In particular, you will most likely be greeted by Bilal (the hotel manager who wears several other hats). He is a true gem and a perfect gentleman. He took the greatest care of us as I am sure he does of all his guests. Mr. Khaldoun, as we have come to call him (it's not his real name but it is fitting since he is the boss), is equally amazing. What a surprise to see such commitment to a guest's comfort and happiness! you will love the place.*****

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank markoux

Reviewed November 9, 2010

Don't let the appearance of the alley stop you from going to the Riad Ibn Khaldoun's front door. Once you are inside, you find a comfortable riad, a very helpful and friendly staff, and a mini-museum of Morocco. Mr Lazrak is a great host and guide. Let him guide you through the maze of Fes. He seems to know everyone and he should be the Mayor. The Riad has a fascinating lobby, spacious bedrooms, and a terrific view from the rooftop terrace. The spiral stairs were a challenge for my old legs but the view was worth it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank ritch62
Reviewed October 5, 2010

In this Riad my dream of 1001 Nights came true. Very beautiful and stylish old building. Very quiet and peaceful, right in the heart of the Old Town. The city of Fes is huge, but the location could not have been better, really everything is within walking distance of this hotel.
My room (Suite Kaftan) was a dream. The bed was great (excellent mattress, variety of pillows for every taste).
I had dinner in this Riad (hotel) twice, both times it was very good, the food excellent, the wine was delicious.
Best part about the Riad: service. It seemed like everybody had nothing else on their mind other than how to make me happy. Bilal organized an amazing fashion show (I still have to smile when I think about it), the owner also organized a great guided tour of the Medina as well as a day tour to the Atlas Mountains where I got a chance to feed 'wild' monkeys which was an amazing experience.
Also important to note: they were always 100% correct with money, everything was fair, all prices as were agreed, everything with a statement, absolutely no unpleasant surprises, you can 100% trust them.

When I left I had to admit: it really did feel like I was staying with friends.Well done, I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank dtf100
Reviewed May 23, 2010

unexpected pleasure - riads are a great way to experience spending tiome inside the medinas in morocco, and this placewas great - very gracious owner/host, good food, nice rooms,and well located in the midst of Fes' bustling old city.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank akane5400
Reviewed February 19, 2009

I didn't stay here, but when I go to Fes again I surely will. I was traveling in Morocco on a University sponsored trip to study the food culture of Morocco and we had one of our most rewarding experiences here. The proprietor showed our group around the food stalls in the medina and then the riads chef prepared a fabulous meal while we watched and lent a hand.
We went on a tour. The minimal rooms were spacious and the roof had tables and afforded a great view of Fes.
This is a small, yet professional run family establishment, which affords a rare opportunity to stay in a beautiful old building within the medina.

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank jonah4
Reviewed June 10, 2008

While I didn't stay here, I did have dinner here and it was a wonderful unique experience. We happened to have the proprietor as our guide through Fes that day when he invited our small group to his Riad for dinner that night. We had no idea what to expect but ended up being blown away by the experience. The place was gorgeous! We felt like royalty. As we ate a traditional Moroccan meal, we learned about the customs surrounding the procedure. The food and ambiance were wonderful. After dinner we had the opportunity to visit several of the rooms available for guests. They were very elegant with modern bathrooms. I wished I could have stayed for the night. After dinner we had the fun of playing dress up in some antique Moroccan clothing. Lots of fun and photos. Lastly we climbed the stairs to the roof garden where we were able to view the city of Fes by night. What a marvelous experience this was.....the best of my Moroccan trip. The last I checked, the website was not yet complete but hopefully will be soon. Check www.riad-ibnkhaldoun.com

• Stayed: May 2008
2  Thank Sujancy
Reviewed July 19, 2006

A lovely new riad has opened in Fes, a dazzlingly beautiful building restored to its former glory in the 19th century and recently refurbished to a very high standard. Located in the Andalusian quarter of the medina, Riad Ibn Khaldoun will entice you, delight your senses in every way, and allow you to become a part of Moroccan life during your stay. The host and his staff cater to your every need, often anticipating your desires before you realize what it is you want. The staff can prepare magnificent, traditional Moroccan dinners and a fine breakfast is included in the price. The host speaks 8 languages so chances are you will be understood! In addition he is a licensed guide and has an amazing store of knowledge about Fes and its surroundings. If you are looking for enchantment, Riad Ibn Khaldoun is the place for you. Every comfort is there, just waiting for you!

Stayed: June 2006