“Lovely hotel, lovely staff, great location!”
Review of Hotel Mounia

Hotel Mounia
Ranked #68 of 99 Hotels in Fes
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, lovely staff, great location!”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I have been to this hotel a couple of times, once in 2009 and again in January 2011. I loved it the first time around but its even better now. The rooms are a good size and they are very clean and comfortable! The staff go out of their way to help you and always made me feel welcome. The hotel is well located and there is lots to do around and nearby. I would come back again anytime.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
The Hague
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband, my daughter and I stayed for one night at the Hotel Mounia. They have one elevator for 5 floors, so be patient. The room was clean, but some things were broken (door handle, tiles). There was an air conditioning, but it was too noisy to leave it one during the night. The staff is friendly. The bar was a little too smoky. The breakfast wasn't great, there wasn't much choice. The coffee was disgusting, so we asked for expresso. They charge extra for this, but it's worth it. Good coffee and a nice smile. The guide they recommend is not to be trusted. Use an official guide if you visit Fes. It's a cheap hotel, so don't expect too much. The entrance is nice, but the rest is quit simple.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed March 29, 2010

These guys stole my $2,500 computer. I had it in my room, I went out for the day, door was locked- when i returned the maid had cleaned, and my computer was gone.

The staff shrugged, essentially accused me of making it up, and did absolutely nothing. The police were just as unhelpful, but what do you expect in Morocco. Since it was certainly an inside job, I would say that this is one of the worst places you can stay in Fez.

Avoid the nightmare, book elsewhere. Can't say you weren't warned.

Jonny

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jonny096

Travelers are raving about these Fes hotels

Milan, Italy
Reviewed January 16, 2010

not-so-bad, rooms are not enormous but big enough, above all quite clean. average service

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
NZ
Reviewed January 15, 2010

The hotel has recently had a major refurb in the public areas. Bedrooms are plain but adquate and do not reflect the luxurious reception areas downstairs. The bar is noisy, although it has a licence to sell alcohol. Not necessarily a positive action as the bar has a reputation as a "pick up" place.

Staff pleasant and courteous.

Location - better for business travellers as its a distance from the medina for tourists.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Amsterdam
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We really didn't like the hotel: employees were not friendly, awful breakfast and the bar at the hotel is very noisy.
The location of the hotel is ok but next time we would prefer a hotel inside the Medina as the ville nouvell has not a lot to offer.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Portugal
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I arrived at Fez at 2 in the morning and had a confirmed booking made on venere.com. When we arrived at the hotel, they did not have our reservation and although I had the confirmation from Venere.com, they did not give me a room, refused to call another hotel, and did nothing to help us. We were left on the street at that late hour, with no hotel or any help of any sort. All hotels in town were fully booked.

The next morning I went back to the hotel and they made me pay for breakfast (I hadnt´had any food for hours), offered me ta suite for double the price (and I refused), and after a long time arguing, I decided to leave and went to another hotel.

I never imagined that a hotel with such bad reception staff existed.

Nightmare experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fes
Hotel Splendid
#57 of 99 in Fes
Zahrat al Jabal
Zahrat al Jabal
#85 of 99 in Fes

Been to Hotel Mounia? Share your experiences!