Not much else to say that hasn't already been said about Dar Roumana.
- Inside the Medina while still isolated from the noise
- Amazing views. You will spend quality time on the roof.
- Helpful Owners. Jennifer did provide advice when I asked her (on TA) about Riads with a Pool. Not something your average Riad Owner would do. Honest opinion and helpful restaurant advice. Try the Italian they recommend (not the one listed in Frommer's) and the restaurant nearby in the Medina where someone comes to pick you up and walk you there.
- Decent sense of privacy: Not many rooms and enough common areas
- BEUTIFUL Dar! Amazing suite. We had the biggest (Yasmina?) and I recommend it
- VERY firm bed . We had to sleep on blankets to be comfortable. I'm surprised I haven't read about this here. I usually like firm beds but this was too much (My friend actually dreamed that under the sheets there was cement :) But in all fairness we found that mattresses in Morocco were really on the firm side. Funny enough, we had the same problem with the other top experience in Morocco (Jardins De Skoura)
Highly recommend Dar Roumana. Can't comment on current Management but I'm sure the owners won't leave the guests in the wrong hands, given the slice of the market they are catering to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully restored Riad guesthouse in the ancient medina with a 360 degree panoramic view from the furnished roof terrace, where drinks and breakfast is served. All rooms (4 suites and 1 double room) are decorated with traditional arts and crafts, intricate carved plaster, high cedar ceilings, mosaic tile floors, and hand-crafted furniture. At the heart of the Riad is an ornately tiled courtyard with a sunken fountain where our restaurant is located. The cuisine is French/Mediterranean with a Moroccan twist and dining with us is a highlight for our guests. Other amenities include an intimate salon with fireplace, large library, DVD/TV salon, roof-top BBQ, and free WiFi access. The managers provide a full concierge service to help our guests with any arrangements they might need and allow them to experience the best of the Fes Medina and surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Dar Roumana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Roumana Hotel Fes