“A true gem”
Review of Riad Maison Bleue

Riad Maison Bleue
Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We spent a night my wife and I in this wonderful riad, close to the heart of Fes's medina...The room was excellent, the staff very professional and friendly. Try the spa, just a unique experience.... this riad is a true gem

Room Tip: I think it's better to choose a room in teh first floor rather than the ground floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Wonderful raid with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were excellent, food and all staff and services were very good too. Couldn't fault it and we will be returning again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Absolutely wonderful rooms. Every detail was in place. Very glad we were able to stay here two nights.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucille S
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The Riad Maison Bleue is a beautiful hotel located in a riad or noble house. The architecture is exquisite with carved cedar paneling and hand made tile work that is typical of the crafts indigenous to Fes. There is a small pool that is very chilly, a refreshing thing on a hot day, that our boys enjoyed using. The views are sublime as you look out to the ancient walls and the medina (old markets). The restaurant is top-notch and one evening, we had live entertainment: an African musician, dressed traditionally in robes, playing an African stringed instrument and singing. It was mesmerizing.The staff is very polite, omnipresent without being intrusive. If you are searching for a luxury stay with Old World charm, this is your hotel.

Room Tip: There are only about eight rooms to choose from; I imagine all are as good as ours were (we had two...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JBM9319
RiadMaisonBleue, Guest Relations Manager at Riad Maison Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us.
I just wanted to clarify that we have 18 rooms at the hotel, spread between three houses joined together, so without exploring all the wings you may not have discovered the rest of them!
Thanks again and we hope to see you in Fes again one day soon.
Best regards,
Vanessa Bonnin
Guest Relations

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Couldn't more highly recommend this place. Gorgeous. The staff could not have made us feel more at home. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SEAgvdSUN
Reviewed June 28, 2011

From the moment I arrived till I left, my stay was amazing. I had a beautiful room which led straight onto the terrace. The food was out of this world, the best in the whole of my Middle East trip. The staff were fabulous and couldn't do enough to make my stay perfect. The whole of the Riad is beautiful, straight out of a fairytale. I decided to have a Hammam and am so pleased I did, what an experience, the staff were discreet and at no time did I feel embarrassed or the situation ackward. It was great to come back to the Riad after a long, hot day and relax in the beautiful, cool pool. DO NOT be put off by the little alley way you have to walk up to get to the Riad, the day I arrived the car park outside was a mad mass of people and I did feel a little uncertain as to "have a picked the right place to stay", however, my concerns were for nothing. I was totally surprised when I walked through the glass doors into the Riad. Truly AMAZING. Well worth spending the extra few dollars to stay there rather than a conventional hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2011

beautiful place with great service. especially wonderful dining room with execllent food

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple