“Beautiful space, average food”
Review of NUR Restaurant

NUR Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 219 Restaurants in Fes
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: NUR Restaurant is situated in the heart of the Fez Medina: the cradle of Moroccan gastronomy. The medina is filled with local markets offering a cornucopia of seasonal flavors. From wild local mushrooms to the hallmark mint and coriander, lean chickens and camel's milk, it boasts a feast for senses on every level. The goal of NUR (Arabic for "light") is to shine a light on the potential of Moroccan gastronomy.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm not surprised this restaurant has been recommended by quite a few international publications. The main design is minimalist black and white retro chic with just a hint of colour here and there. The bathroom was one of most stylish and cleverly designed I've seen in a long time. It all still feels Moroccan but is surprisingly different and refreshing after experiencing an overload of colours. In other words the whole space is a piece of art and for that alone it's worth going. I dare say you won't find anything comparable anywhere in Morocco. The service was impeccable and very personal, the wine list also excellent.
However, we're serious foodies and the food was were Restaurant No. 7 came up short. None of the three courses we had was even close to what we had the night before at Dar Roumana. It was good yet unremarkable. I understand that they frequently invite chefs from different parts of the world, so the food might be a hit and miss. We still liked to overall experience though and would go back.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I read about this restaurant in the New York Times while we were vacationing in Fes and we went the next day.

The decor is beautiful. It is very modern though, with mostly black and white, so it's not the typical "riad" look I like to see in Morocco. It looks more like a restaurant we'd see in New York.

The food was good (though not fantastic) and the wine was good, too. We ate there less than two weeks ago, and I don't really remember what I ate. I do especially appreciate that they accomodated a vegetarian (and didn't try to serve me fish, as they do in a lot of Moroccan restaurants).

The location is in the middle of the medina. They sent someone to pick us up and drop us off at the end of the night, which was very appreciated. We never would have found it otherwise.

1  Thank jammyjams
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Restaurant Numero 7 has a roster of different chefs from around the world, providing a set menu from local fresh produce collected daily.
The Chef was kind enough to create a vegan menu for our party of 4 and it was amazing.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

What a delightful surprise to encounter a Jerome Waag restaurant in the medina of Fès! Our 4 course menu lived up to his international reputation with subtle flavours and incredible attention to detail. The service, also, was one of the best we ever encountered in Morocco.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place was great!
Very comfortable and homelike. The staff was fantastic.
Delicious French food and Moroccan wine.

2  Thank Travelingerz