“Wonderful”
Review of Riad Anata

Riad Anata
Ranked #3 of 221 Fes B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The best word to describe this little hotel is special. We loved everything about our stay here. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly. This is a great place to tuck yourself away or to use as a base to see the city of Fes. We loved it and we're sure everyone else will as well!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Riad Anata, on the edge of the Medina near the Place Batha. On the first evening, we ate at the hotel and it was so good, we had dinner the next night as well. The staff were friendly and efficient. The beds were very comfortable and the décor was attractive. The bathroom was well stocked with toiletries. We enjoyed having breakfast and dinner on the rooftop with a wonderful view over the city and the hills beyond. The owner, Valerie, was a real live-wire who was very helpful in recommending restaurants and tours. The only slight negative we had was that the WiFi was not powerful enough to reach the centre of our room. We had to stand at the window to get a good signal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This Riad is located ideally if you want to explore the Medina of Fez, as it is both easily accessible by car or taxi, as well as close to all the little shops and stands inside the Medina. We stayed for 2 nights, and it was absolutely a positive experience. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly. They were very helpful giving tips about how to explore Fez, arranging our transport etc. They always encouraged us to feel at home in the riad. The rooms were perfectly clean, nicely decorated and all had proper air-conditioning. We did not hear any loud noises during the night, and the beds were comfortable. I would definitely recommend having breakfast on the rooftop of the Riad.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank J H
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel Riad Anata for 3 nights and absolutely well in love with this place. It was charming, well located and the staff couldn't have been any more accommodating.
While we ate out most evening, the last night we ate at the hotel and had I know how great the food would be, we would have had more meals there.
Already looking forward to returning next year!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at the Riad Anata a month after it opened and I must say that I was a little afraid of the service I might get but I was pleasantly surprised. The owner Valerie was there when I stayed with my family and she made sure things went smoothly throughout our stay.
I loved how we could park the car 100 meters from the riad even though it was inside the medina (it really made a difference since we traveled with a nine month baby).
Our room was cozy and super cute - we loved the towel warmers in our bathroom (a nice touch we thought).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

If you are thinking of travelling to morocco you might as well think to visit fez where this cozy riad has just opened doors. We stayed there for a couple of nights and we were pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the in-house people and the beauty simplicity of the place. And as it is located in the heart of the Medina it was really handy for us as we were walking to everywhere. We would like to thank the manager of the place, Miss Valery, for all her charm and care. To us is the place to stay for budget travellers looking for something special!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have never been to Morocco and I wanted to go somewhere that was not touristy so I searched the internet and found a lovely small hotel called Hotel Riad Anata in the town of Fez. It was a dream hotel, luxurious and not too pricy! The rooms were spotless and had a real Moroccoan feel to them, with all the facilities you could want. Staff were very helpful and I will definietly be going back to Hotel Riad Anata as soon as I can , it is a gem of a hotel and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends