“Fantastic”

Menzeh Zalagh Hotel
Ranked #88 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week and on arrival we were very worried because of some of the reviews we had read. However the service we received and the experience we had was wonderful, maybe we were lucky I don't know. The porter at that hotel is an asset to the business and I hope that is recognised. He went well out of his way to help us every day and refused our thank you gift of money upon leaving. He made that our experience with the hotel one we would and have recommended to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed December 19, 2011

When I entered the reception area , I was impressed by the retro styling and decor. Had a glitch with the bidet and door lock, one call and was sorted. No internet wi-fi in the room. had to come into lounge area and use same. very chilly in this area. The worst part was this morning at 3 a.m. onwards. They had a live singing and this went onto 5 a.m. This started at 8 p.m. the previous evening. I phoned the reception desk and complained. This did not help and continued. It seems that the bar manager wants you to come and join them and drink oneself to sleep.Apparently this happens the whole week thru and this was Monday! Alas, I still have another night to go.I think I will have to take a sleeping tablet or ear plugs. since I do not consume alcohol.The night clerk suggested he will change my room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Rasheed J
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Room was nice. Lights easily blown out. Little direction from the staff in locating the room. Pool was nice, but took forever to find someone to supply towels. Not well staffed. WIFI worked well. Dinner and breakfast were subpar. Would not be my choice if visiting Fez again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2011

unfortunately I did not book this Hotel directly it was done by Evadamo & Luxatours of Spain. But that being said If I had know or planned to stay here I would have first confirmed a few things with them, Like the A/C operation which is set to less than a childs breath. I had to change rooms 3 times before getting a room that was marginally comfortable ( Understand that the tempreture in Morocco is 35 deg. C at night in summer with a humidity of ± 25% ) And our tour operators did nothing to imprve our stay no matter how much we complained

Room Tip: Don't use shady tour operators, book and confirm your own rooms and requirements
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Noisy. All night club blares music every night, from midnight until 5:30am. People who couldn't hear the disco said they heard a lot of noise from the street. The rooms are nice, and the view is nice. It's a nice hotel, but VERY noisy. With earplugs and a pillow over my head, I could still hear the music from the club . . . the base pounding away. It's a shame because other than that, it's a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank etravel_10
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We have stayed over there for a week and it made our trip longer and uncomfortable,first of all it's by the train rail and you have of course to support the noise,the service is so bad,there were loads of work fixing things the noise of the cleaning service that they call eachother names a stinky smell of the foods,it's awful and i will never go there .

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Florian74
Reviewed February 3, 2011

My 1st review here- I am ashamed that I didn't review the good hotels because I thought there were already more than enough favorable reviews...So here comes one lengthy BAD review...
2 nights of horror:
I stayed there with my fiancee and a group of 17 people just a couple of days before New Year's ( we were going to Marrakech for NY's ). This hotel is supposed to be 4 stars hotel - but by what standards ?? No heating (and the temperature was 4 Celsius!), lumpy beds, no light in the bathroom, the doors of the bathroom were unable to close also ( we are almost married, but a little privacy would be normal!), BROWN water ( it was brown even after a minute of running water from the pipe)...the room was sooo dirty - black hairs all over. C'mon - I know that some people shed hair more than other, but this is a hotel and not a hostel ( no disrespect to any hostel)!
Non- responsive staff (?!)- we called the reception and tried to have them change the bulb in the bathroom but to no avail (imagine this if you were a girl and you want to put on some make up!!) ! They were non responsive to all our pleads.
To top it all the female "manager" "running" the restaurant was behaving like a guard dog and we were on her private territory. If we stayed only a couple of minutes more than she seemed appropriate for us to to stuff the food in our belly ( I don't know how to call that, because I am a foodie and I enjoy food so...I am thin btw..) she would look ominously in our direction with a clear message: " Go away, we need these two seats!" I want to make clear that we didn't use the table more than it is appropriate (even less, since we were in a hurry to meet our guide and go to the Medina) and there was no need to do so because the food was so awful that we ate outside ( Yes, I am a foodie, but not spoiled at all --- the street food was incomparable to this hotel's "restaurant").
I am sure that I forgot something ( ok , the elevator wasn't working properly..but that is such a small issue compared to everything else ) and I assure you that I am not prone to complaining - to be exact - this is the 1st review I've decided to write here because I want everyone to stay away from this horrible hotel, so it doesn't ruin the wonderful city of Fes and beautiful Morocco! Cheers all!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple