Royal Mirage Fes
$168
$79
$77
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$120
$84
$333
$292
  • Pool
All reviewsnice hoteltwo double bedspool viewpoolside barbig roomold city
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I loved this hotel, but not because it was any good. It was hilarious! The decor was straight out of the 1960s, and I suspect that was the last time it was refurbished.
We stayed here as part of a tour, and according to the guide it is getting much better since new management came in. We stayed a few months ago, so it could be better still now. The first room we were checked in to we couldn't stay in, because the bathroom door didn't close. It didn't close because it had no door knob.
The hotel uses the original key card system, which is actually a plastic card with holes in it which is supposed to match up with the holes in the door lock. These didn't work well when installed in the 1980's (I remember staying at a Sheraton as a kid which had this system and it wasn't good) so after decades of door openings it was woefully unreliable.
The restaurant again, was like stepping back in time. The staff were old fashioned in their approach, and the food was adequate if not fabulous. Nice fruit options.
Overall the hotel appears sad and in desperate need of some love and attention, and I hope they give it that, without taking away the kitsch of the current decor.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ineedabreak82
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel externally is of a slightly dated western design of glass and metal. Internally it is transformed into the delightful traditional Moroccan styling. It is in a great central location to visit the sights of the city. The rooms are spacious and comfortable rooms and are furnished in modern elegant style. All meal times have menus which contain traditional Moroccan dishes. Breakfast was a colourful feast of Moroccan delights and certainly a location in which one might want to linger over a longer breakfast. Sipping on the delightfully refreshing mint tea was an equally good way to quench your thirst at any time during the day. The main courtyard between the hotel wings has a beautifully present pool plaza where you spend many hours relaxing. The service provided by staff was impeccable and in our view our overall experience was, without doubt, 5 star in quality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JANDK2265
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I read reviews before I travelled and almost cancelled the booking at this hotel. However as some reviews suggest the rooms are shabby, they are comfortable,have Internet and are very quiet.
The hotel pool and gardens. Are enough for me to say the hotel can keep its 4 stars as this made my trip really great. The staff were friendly and it's in a convenient part of the new city.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are good, and some have been modernised. Room 255 was in good order
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike1980Zzzzz
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were staying in this hotel for 2 nights as part of a tour and this was our 3rd hotel and I'm beginning to think that the 'star' rating in Morocco doesn't come anywhere near the same standard as Europe.

We spent 2 night nights here and while it wasn't uncomfortable apart from the air conditioning, which we couldn't sleep with it on because the fan was making too much noise and our room was directly over the entrance to the accommodation section of the hotel which had a lot of people walking through the night. The hotel rooms were large enough, but I would say equal to a 2 star quality anywhere in the western world. The safe did not work in our room or some other rooms that our friends were staying in as well. There was a sliding door in the toilet which didn't work very were either.

The meals were a buffet, while worked well, were very bland and for the standard of hotel they should be much better. Anytime you complain, people just say to you 'this is Morocco' so you should put up with is.
The general staff were good and did their best to help, but you could see that it was management were the problems were. The way I see it is they charge European prices and give you an African quality of service and product which the management seem to think is normal.

Room Tip: Make sure the air con is working when you go to the room first as you will not sleep with the fan on if it is not fixed and this wasn't just in our room. Try and not get a room just over the entrance to the accommodation area of the hotel as there will be lots of noise coming from here during the night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChamonixAccomodation
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been working in morocco (Fes to be more accurate) and I have stayed in 5 hotels in 5 separate weeks. This hotel is easily the best. The previous hotels have been way below standard in comparison with their Star rating. All the previous hotels were 4 stars and above and customer service in all of these hotels were seriously lacking, all apart from this hotel. The staff here are happy to assist you in any way they seem fit. I've always had a problematic Ipad and when I called reception to ask if the internet was working or if it was my ipad they sent the technical representative directly to my room to reconfigure my settings! (I wish I had this months back :)

The rooms are huge with two big double beds. air conditioning, fridge, toiletries and plasma tv and very clean, from what I can see every room faces the pool and has a balcony.

The food is great, moroccan cuisine all you can eat style buffet 7-11pm I think. internaitonal food like pasta pizza and steaks etc available all day. The pool is good also and the poolside bar in the evening is very nice. Especially with a water pipe :).

I will be working in Fes over the next few months and I certainly won't be changing after the horrors of the other so called 4 Star plus hotels.

Good price, Good food, even better staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business