“Unforgettable experience”
Review of Royal Mirage Fes

Royal Mirage Fes
Ranked #58 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Actually, I hesitated to make my reservation in this hotel. But neglected all the reviews I read I wanted to make my stay as an adventure. Once I arrived at the hotel, the parking was full and the supervisor came to me and offered to me to park my car in a secondary parking. The porter greeted me and insisted to help me though I had a small bag. At the reception, I found smiley staff and the check in took few minutes. they presented me all the facilities of the hotel. I can't beleive my eyes, a magnifiient landscape that surround the pool and lovely staff that received me with sliced fruits. I decided to have a drink before going to my room.It wasreally marvellous to have your drink and enjoy the music that makes you forget all .
I had a large room well decorated with free wifi. In the morning, I called the room service to have my breakfast and the lady in the phone offered me to come down explaining to me that there is a large choice in the buffet. I can't deny that her proposal was in its place cause the buffet was varied and ther was plenty of varieties :Moroccan and international spetialities. In fact,there are many things to relate but I will content myself with . and not all what is said is real . My experience in this fantastic hotel changed my earlier point of view. COME AND JUDGE .

Room Tip: According to what they told me all the romms have the same size and have free wifi,I prefer pool vie...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Richard B
There are newer reviews for Royal Mirage Fes

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Property coming straight from the 70s and never renovated I guess......(including the staff).
Very poor services starting with the reception and check in and TERRIBLE FOOD.
Only positive thinghs the location and the free wi-fi.
Not to be recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice hotel, good location but very lazy staff at breakfast. Supervisor of breakfast room comes in, fixes a plate of food for herself and that is the extent of her duty. Got so frustrated that I went BEHIND the bar and got our plates, napkins, knives, forks, spoons myself and offered to serve other guests as well as a joke, while amazed staff looked on. Ended up speaking to the big boss of the hotel and making a scene in the reception area. Next day everything was perfect but for how long ? Think twice before staying here if you are looking for customer friendly service when you start your day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

nice room.very poor food.the hotel is decorated nice and elegant and the loction is very good in the city.the food is dull and not enough salads and dinner was terrible.room was clean and vast.
If the hotel will improve the food it will be one of the best.

Room Tip: inner room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stay at this hotel for a night in early April 13.
The size of the room is OK, wall and furniture are filthy and old and mostly broken or can't be used during our visit, look like the hotel is well run down, front door to the balcony is broken, the shower is broken and water sprayed during shower, mosquitoes were our uninvited guest.
Reported to the front desk, but no action taken despite the duty manger wrote down the report in his daily book.
Breakfast and dinner were not up to the standard, and overpriced with their soda (US$5.00/ can of Coke light).
It's rating for 4 Star, IMHO, it's only a 2 star hotel.
Not recommend this hotel for anyone, the price you pay for this hotel is better with some other around and nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The only reason we picked this hotel is for the price. At high season it was around a 100 dollars and each room had 2 large twin beds so a family of four can manage. The room was also a good size with a balcony and a decent size bathroom. The location is also fairly central with restaurants all around.

On the downside, the furniture was also run down and bit with the cupboard jamming all the time. The buffet breakfast was exhorbitant for Fes with food running out and no service. No kettle in the room to make tea or coffee. The dinner on the first day was reheated clearly with half cold Tagine! We never ate a meal at the property.

In conclusion, its a low budget property for tour operators.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Spacious rooms with very old furniture. We had a chair broken and asked to replace it, but never returned. The personnel. at the reception were rude, refused to give us a second room key.
The dining room smelled bad, the buffet was poor and platters ending not replaced.
Breakfast was very basic and not the best quality.
There is no relation with 5 star hotel
Common choice for groups. Personally don't recommend it

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family