“Amazing Riad in Fez”

Dar Finn
Ranked #9 of 216 Fes B&B and Inns
“Amazing Riad in Fez”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Dar Finn is such a magical place. I would never even bother myself looking for some other place in Fez if I come back. This Riad is just the [--].
Rebecca and Paul are such a nice couple too, very friendly and eager to help with anything you need.
The bedrooms are just amazing and the food too. You can arrange a moroccan dinner at their terrace (which is superb) that is really tasteful and very traditional.
Look no further, Dar Finn is the place to be in Fez!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
France
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Here on a photography workshop. Great week spent. Beccie and Paul and all the staff were fabulous, very helpful and very friendly. Riad in the middle of medina, well placed and calm. Highly recommended and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dar Finn was a lovely place the staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean. I had a couple of small issues- the shower only had a small light in the soap recess so it was very dark, we stayed for a few nights and there was no where to hang your towels other than a small hook, so we had wet towels all the time, the WIFI was restricted to the reception area and there was no bar set up on the terrace as advertised. But the biggest issue was the noise, you could hear everything that was occuring in the main reception, in the mornings you could hear the staff going up and down the stairs, guests leaving and arriving you could hear the baggage being taken up and down the stairs. My husband was in the kitchen and could clearly hear the people in the room above discussing their activities. In the end we were whispering in our own room, needles to say thoughts of romance flew out the window. For the price we paid we were disappointed, although I am unsure what steps could be taken to rectify the noise issue

Room Tip: Go to the most expensive rooms - they at least look like they have windows that may keep the noise o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Deb K
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband, teenage daughter, and I stayed at Dar Finn for three nights while in Fez and could not have been happier. The help provided by Beccie in arranging to get there from the train station, recommendations for dinner (including walking us to the cafe the first night), our beautiful rooms, providing us with tea, coffee, or wine during our down time, suggestions for how to spend our time... all contributed to making our time in Morocco a wonderful experience. The Riad itself is fabulous. My daughter had a slight case of stomach distress one morning, and we felt grateful and even fortunate to have such a lovely place to "hang out" while she recovered, reading and drinking tea on the roof top terrace. Breakfasts were fabulous. In addition, we had dinner in one night (soup, tagine, lovely dessert) which my daughter continues to reminisce about many weeks later. The people working at Dar Finn were all so friendly and generous with their time and help!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at Dar Finn for two nights in the Sammarine room, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I loved the riad and found it calm, quiet and beautiful. I appreciated all the traditional detailing, and enjoyed sitting out on the many outdoor terraces. I loved the room: the wood work, rugs, and windows were all beautiful. The traditional soap and toiletries were natural smelling. Breakfast was delicious, I especially enjoyed the mild goat cheese, olives and olive oil on bread, and so was dinner; it was great to eat traditional, home made, and local foods. Rebecca and all the staff were very helpful and welcoming. I would highly recommend Dar Finn!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
manchester
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I loved my stay at Dar Finn - this riad is stunning and the welcome was warm, relaxed and friendly, the food is yummy. What makes Dar Finn different is that around each corner there is a nook to relax in, or a place to explore, that I have not seen in other riad's. My friend and I ate dinner at Dar Finn and it was an abundant and delicious meal of traditional moroccan tagine's with a large selection of Moroccan salads/vegetable dishes that that are normally just tasted in a Moroccan home. My taste buds were tantalised. And my eye's when looking up to see the amazing traditional ceiling.

Dar Finn has been restored beautifully and there is a lovely combination of Moroccan with western comforts and standards as well as a very friendly welcome.

I cannot recommend Dar Finn enough - enjoy your stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rosetravels12
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have a rule decreeing that I never return to the same accommodation in a large city, however good, as different accommodation often opens up new parts of a city, or offers a different experience in some way. I will however break that rule for Dar Finn. My husband and I just had 4 wonderful nights at this beautifully restored and fitted out Dar in Fes. We had the Rmilla suite which offered us space, a private terrace with place to sit and plenty of room to spread out. It was an oasis to return to after the bustle of the medina outside the door. Thanks to Beccie, Mohammed and Jalila for a wonderful stay. We will return!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple