“A wonderful way to experience Fez”
Review of Plan-It Morocco

Plan-It Morocco
Ranked #47 of 312 Tours in Fes
More attraction details
Owner description: Plan-it Morocco creates inspirational experiences and unique culturally immersive adventures in Fez and throughout Morocco. Book activities or full itineraries tailor-made especially for you.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My family went to Morocco for Christmas this year, spending time in Marrakech, Fez and the High Atlas Mountains. Our time with Plan-It Fez, which included a historical tour of the Medina, a food tour of the souks, a trip to a local Hammam and a cooking class, was wonderful. We especially loved the honey tasting with Gail who, as an ex-pat, knew exactly what we would find interesting and unique in the souks. We are big travelers but this may have been our best trip yet, thanks to the wonderful staff of Plan-It Fez.

2  Thank Lauraklocke

Reviewed January 29, 2013

In January, 2013, my daughter and I had a spectacular journey to enchanting Fez. Part of our vacation was a morning spent visiting food souks in Fez with lovely Michelle at Plan It Fez. we visited Michelle's local butcher as well as a community bakery. Had wonderful tastings at honey and olive souks. (I have added our photos). If I had known that I could have used Plan It Fez for all aspects of our trip, I would have done so. i want very much for my husband to experience fabulous Morocco so upon our return to Fez, I will definitely seek out Plan It Fez!

1  Thank Pattiann56
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I attended one of their private arranged cooking classes in Fez last Oct. It was a great experience one our best in Morocco. Fatima our guide was quite proficient in English and we will always remember the afternoon we spent cooking with Leah and eating with her family.

1  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked Plan-it-Fez's "cooking and eating with a local family" as a Christmas present for my 11-year-old son while we were in Fez. It was really a great day - first to the market to buy ingredients, then home to cook with Olya & Leila. They were great with my son, really letting him get his hands dirty (they don't use utensils for cooking either). We walked the bread, fish tagine, and cake batter down to the local community oven (furan), and at the end ate with the family. It was great fun both to learn how they cook and see the family home, and especially meet some real residents of Fez. It was the highlight of our stay there!

1  Thank abchesworthrt
Plan-itFez, Public Relations Manager at Plan-It Morocco, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience with us through the wonderful review!
Glad that you and your son enjoyed the cooking class with the Moroccan family... Hoping that you discovered the life of locals and that it was a memorable Christmas gift for your son!!!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Spent a half day with Gail exploring the souks of the medina. Gail, who has lived in Fez for some years, has built up a relationship with many shop and stall holders in the Medina meaning that she can do what you wouldn't have the courage to. For example, in the honey souk she could just dip into the many vats of honey and guide you through the extraordinary varieties from Fig to Euphorbia. Of course the opportunity not only to smell and taste the bewildering variety of spices but also to discuss them with the stall holder. And, of course the option to try many local delicacies, if you are brave enough. Above all that Gail is just fantastic fun to spend a few hours with.
Camel anyone?

2  Thank Hugh D

Many thanks for the great review! Gail had a real pleasure to guide you through the food souks of the Medina...Glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience and discovered the private and hidden parts of the honey market along with spices and other stalls.
We hope that we inspired your stay and that it was a memorable experience!!!