All reviewsmodern hotelbarcelo hotelgate tourmall across the streetsized roombreakfast buffetnormal hotelthe wi firestaurants and shopshousekeeping staffhotel restaurantstayed here for two nightsbeds were comfortablelobbygate1kettlemorocco
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice, spacious hotel. Nice rooms. All a bit "design". Excellent and friendly service. Conference services within the hotel. Spacious parking underneath. Good internet. Good breakfast. Wine is available, although a bit expensive.
The name of the hotel was a bit misleading for me. I thought it was near the medina or old town (very authentic and interesting) . But no, that is a couple of km away. The hotel is in a modern area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This seems to be the only hotel outside the Medina where one can actually stay. We looked at two other hotels before we found the Barcelo and were getting desperate. At first, we thought, the room was a bit expensive, but it was lovely decorated and seemed very clean, so we decided to take it anyway. This turned out to be a good decision, everything was working in the room (including the TV and the shower) and we had a great night sleep. Probably the best hotel we stayed in on our entire trip through Maroco (the most expensive as well though).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank B S
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The first day when I arrived to the lobby and checked in, I asked the receptionist for someone to help me out with my luggages, but the only thing he told me is that the person in charge to carry them was not there! So I did it for myself, but twice time going up to my room and then going down again for the rest. Shame on you Barcelo! The room was fine an clean. The breakfast not special at all. What I really didn't appreciate is that the staff don't smile and as well as the Spanish managers whom didn't find them present, just looking around without smiling. For me is terrible! Well, to summarize, lack of service and hospitality, lack of leadership and commitment from the Spanish staff, and lack of motivation!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Travel-Expert-Ex
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Wether a member of the front office team, the cleaner or the maintenance worker every single staff member I encountered during my stay greeted me with a smile & asked how I was. The customer service at this property was phenomenal. The hotel facilities modern and some great areas to relax in the lobby. Food was fantastic although I didn't know what I was ordering most of the time as they did not have an English menu but that's half the fun! The lobby Internet was fast and easily accessed. The spa was great and had some very well trained friendly staff. Being a part of the tourism industry myself I guess I'm extra critical but I would hands down stay at the Barcelo Fes Medina again and have no qualms about recommending it to friends or clients..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Chanelleheth
Reviewed December 1, 2012

A modern business hotel. Nearly everything OK. Wi-Fi primarly in the lobby and on some other places but not in all rooms. Nice breakfirst and dinner.
Good location, not to far from the Medina. One problem: the airconditioner was set for winter and did only deliver heat or nothing. So we had 26 degrees in the room even with an open window

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple