“An experience”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Definitely worth a visit. Not as upscale as spas or gyms in Europe or the Middle East but the gym is good fun - with women doing belly bancing instead of weights and the hammam downstairs is an exotic experience. I walked out two shades lighter, having shed more skin than at any point of my life, and the vivarium / scrub / shampoo / massage makes for a great couple of hours, at the reasonable price of Dhs150 - soap, robe and exfoliating glove included.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Ondine365

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Utter bliss”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I visited Nausikaa Spa recently, and put myself in their capable hands for a few hours. For 200 dhrs (about £18) I spent a blissful afternoon in the hammam, and was shown how things were done in Morocco. I've had saunas and Turkish baths in the UK, but this was on another level. A robe and towel were provided (the towel was pretty small, so you may prefer to take your own), and I was shown where to disrobe. I made the mistake of being too enthusiatic, and was told to keep my knickers on! (NB Take a spare pair for this purpose). I then sat in a beautifully tiled Turkish (or Moroccan) bath, perspiring gently, and rubbing myself with a sort of soapy jelly, until I was removed, showered, and exfoliated. Then came the massage, lying on a marble slab, from a formidable lady. After this I was smeared with mud and left for five minutes to rest. After a thorough rinse, I was wrapped in my robe and led to a warm room where I fell asleep, so relaxed was I!
The Spa also does beauty treatments and has a hair salon. I left feeling utterly cleansed, having had a great afternoon.

Visited April 2011