“We had to force ourselves to get out of the house and explore the medina”
Review of Dar Drissi

Dar Drissi
Ranked #51 of 216 Fes B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“We had to force ourselves to get out of the house and explore the medina”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

There were 2 of us and we stayed in the courtyard salon, although we had the entire house to ourselves since there were no other guests for the 2 nights we were there.

A restored riyadh, Dar Drissi is elegant and yet homely, an oasis of calm in the middle of the fes old city.

We definitely recommend the courtyard salon if there are 2 or 3 of you. It's a very big room that even has a cosy corner for tea (mint, of course).My favourite part of Dar Drissi is the rooftop. There are 2 levels with sofas and a picture-perfect view of the city, especially at dusk.

The staff at Dar Drissi were really helpful and kind, and we enjoyed our stay tremendously.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We really enjoyed Dar Drissi. We rented the Grand Salon, for 4 family members, and it was plenty of space. It was hot in Fes, and the hotel doesn't have air conditioning, but I was comfortable so long as there was a fan blowing. The public spaces are comfortable and attractive (main floor and terrace), breakfast was excellent. Kebir, the manager, helped us in every way. There is a small kitchen that guests can use, which is really handy if you have things to store in the refrigerator. I was astonished that there were no mosquitos!! One thing - it was our first day in Morocco and we weren't accustomed to the narrow alleyways that led up to the hotel - in one section it's barely wide enough to walk through. But we found them to be totally safe at all times of day and got used to it soon enough.....we had a rental car for the last night of 3 nights in Fes, and didn't have any trouble leaving it overnight in the car park nearest to the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms were well represented on the website, as I recall. Consider the size carefully as at leas...
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 4, 2011

WONDERFUL stay. Owner(Julian) is UK based so I prepaid before leaving on holiday.Julian gave us good advice which was much appreciated. No air con...it was hot 40C, but cooled down at night & slept well with a powerful fan provided. It felt like we were at a friend's house! Manager Kehbir is VERY helpful & nice cleaning lady. FREE Wi-Fi & use their lap top.It is NOT a hotel, it is a FANTASTIC B&B. Give it a try. GREAT location INSIDE Medina & true feel of staying in a old local renovated home.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed July 4, 2011

In connection with a family wedding, we spent five nights at Dar Drissi at the beginning of June and could not be more satisfied. Service, comfort, food, standard -- all super. Fès is a wonderful city. If we ever come back we know where to stay and hope Kibir is still the manager.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
Reviewed June 19, 2011

The riad is great, very clean, staff very helpful, great breakfast! I recommend it to everyone!
Laura - Rome, Italy - June 2011

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I spent many hours on Google before finding and deciding to book the Dar Drissi. We arrived on 3rd of June to attend the wedding of my half sister. The approach to the hotel was fantastic! The street gets smaller and smaller and you end up walking between two house walls, no more than 70 cm apart! You get to a sign for Dar Drissi and you´re home. We stayed in the largest of the 4 rooms which is on the first floor and has a large en-suite bathroom with shower, bath, loo and basin-excellent and very nicely done. There is also a balcony/mezzanine which overlooks the internal court yard and the fountain below.
My husband had lost his passport and couldn´t come so I travelled with our 2 children and we shared the 4 bedroom room. We had plenty of space and were very comfortable. The rooms are cleaned daily and there a fresh towels and soap. It is a quiet place and we slept well, although I did use earplugs as I always do when in a new place....There is a large terrace on the roof with a sofa, and although we didn´t, you could spend the night up there. Kibir, the manager, could not have been more helpful and provided excellent breakfast every morning. He was also totally charming and gave good advice on where to go and what to see. We spent hours walking and looking at the medina but normally came back for a shower or quick breather before running out again. This dar is in a brilliant and convenient location and you only walk a few minutes before getting to the nearest gate, Ain-Zleten, where you can catch a petit taxi to wherever. There is a pharmacy a couple of minutes away. The Dar Drissi was like coming in to your very own home. My aunt and uncle were also staying and the only other guests were three other travellers who had the ground floor room. We bought food at the supermarket outside the medina and prepared supper at home in the kitchen a couple of times. We were met with nothing but kindness and warmth. Very little to no hazzling to buy anything. Charming smiles and lots of "tres jolie" at my daughter who had her hands hennaed the last day-The Dar Drissi just a lovely place and this is where I would stay again- I would not want to be anywhere else!

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Amazing palac!! it feels like home. Excellent management and room service!! I found this place on hostels.com and was not so sure what I was gonna get since it was the cheapest for what I was searching for. I could not be better surprised!! I highly recommend this location to friends and familly.