“The most hospitable host”
Review of Riad Boustan

Riad Boustan
Ranked #168 of 223 Fes B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My sister and I traveled around Morocco and the hospitality experienced at this Riad from Mostafa and his staff stood out as one of our favorite memories. To begin, our bus was delayed by a couple of hours arriving in Fez so Mostafa contacted the bus driver to find out what the delay was and had a taxi waiting when we arrived. This was such a surprise since we ended up arriving at night. When the taxi arrived outside the entrance to the medina, Mostafa was waiting for us on the street and walked us back to the Riad. After the day we'd had leading up to this moment, I almost hugged him. Mostafa's hospitality continued from there over the next couple of days making our stay here most enjoyable. He offered up useful tidbits of advice for traveling around Fez and the rest of Morocco with genuine concern.

The Riad itself is both beautiful and peaceful. It is in a very convenient location with easy access to the center of the medina and to the main street to get taxis to new city. As indicated by some of the other reviewers, we too received a free upgrade to a larger room. The room was spacious, there was hot water (which isn't always common around Morocco), and the breakfast was excellent! We utilized Mostafa to arrange a walking tour of the Medina. Although the Riad is not far from the center of the medina, I would highly recommend hiring a guide to navigate the streets and to learn about much of the city's history.

I am sure there are many suitable places to stay in Fez but the hospitality at Riad Bouston makes it one of a kind. Over the following two weeks of travel around the country, my sister and I constantly compared our experiences to this Riad - nothing came close!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you want to see Fez, we strongly recommended Riad Boustan - such a nice, atmospheric and peaceful place with whole team - Mostafa, Issam and Mohammed! Great place for a family, quite secure. When we arrived there Issam welcomed us first with a nice refreshment - great Moroccan mint tea. I probably drunk it at least twice a day :) We started our holiday a bit hectic- didn't arrange a taxi beforehand and took one just outside the airport and it was a big mistake! If you don't want to be hassled, please contact Mostafa beforehand for a taxi, price is reasonable and we did it on our return- it was the most comfortable taxi we got in Fez. Mostafa is a lovely person, gave us great tips and with his help we had a great time there! Also strongly recommend couscous - it was yummy!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We had a great stay in the Riad and Mostafa was fabulous and so helpful with suggestions and help for our first trip to Fes. He organised a driver to take us to Meknes for the day as well as a guide to show us around the Medina. He even sent us off with a map and excellent directions when we decided to brave it on our own! We were in the Palmerie suite and the room was beautiful. The staff were so attentive and friendly. A lovely breakfast of delicious chocolate croissants and bread were ready for us when we got up in the morning and dinner is available if you want to eat there as well. Also delicious!

I would love to stay here again and explore more of Fes!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We arrived early in the morning on a sunny sunday and we immediately were welcomed with a delicious traditional "the-a-la-menthe". Issam showed us around in the beautiful riad and we could pick our favorite room: a free upgrade! After unpacking, we went on a first adventure in the beautiful medina, which is easily to reach by foot in no time. Riad Boustan is a welcome paradise of peace, after a trip in the busy medina. The staff is always friendlier than you could ever imagine and they helped us whenever they could (arrange a cooking class, a trip to an excellent hamam, ...). After a wonderful and quiet night, a delicious breakfast was waiting for us. Mostafa and Issam are always there to give you some wonderful tips and ideas. We recommend this place to everyone! We felt like a part of the family and would definitely want to come back to this lovely place. We really found our second home at riad Boustan...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Evelien D
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We strongly recommend the Riad Boustan for a stay in the Medina.
The Riad was beautifully restored, the room was very large, and the service was outstanding. The staff was extremely agreeable and accommodating, making us feel very welcome and catered to. I would highly recommend this Riad to a friend for a stay in the Medina.
The only negative thing I could say about the room is that the bed was very hard (I didn't know they make beds that hard!) and the shower head needs to be replaced. But, we considered these issues to be negligible considering how nice the rest of the stay was.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Riad Boustan is a great Riad in Fes. One of the reasons I chose this Riad was the great reviews on Mustafa and his knowledge of the area. So I was a little disappointed that he was not there, but his staff, particularly Mohammed, were very nice and tried to help me the best they could. The Riad itself was beautiful and spotless. Probably one of the best showers I had in Morocco. I don't know if they had pity on me because I solo female traveler or just because I was the only one there, they gave me an upgrade to a huge suite for no charge.

I wish there was a 4.5 rating. My only complaint is that it is VERY hard to find. If you arrive at night, I am really not sure how you would find it. You might want to arrange a pickup from the train station or if someone can meet you outside the gate.

Another hint in general, since I don't speak French, I would ask for addresses to be written in Arabic as not all the taxi drivers can read latin letters.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Riad Boustan is without a doubt the best place i stayed so far,this place is a rarity in hospitality that i have not seen anywhere in my travels, i only stayed here one night but i know that i will come back and i will recomend it to everyone i know and if u are ever in doubt where to stay while in Fes you will not find a better place than this.
When we got there we were greated by the owner Mustafa and his excelent and professional staff.
Mustafa really helped us alot ( he recomended the best places to visit and what to avoid in the Medina, he printed us a map and showed us the easiest way to get around).
This is a man that clearly knows and takes great pride in his country, culture and his house, we felt like we belonged as if we were part of this Riad and we cannot fault the attention to detail, hospitality and friendlyness that was offered to us every second we spent here, the standard of service was amazing and the staff were always looking for opportunities to help us.
I will highly recomend this Riad to you people out there, to my family, friends, u will not be disapointed whatsoever.
The rooms were fantastic, spacious, VERY CLEAN and the little details of the all place are beyond words.
All that i have to add is a Massive THANK YOU for your helping us in everyway, i will certainly not forget my stay at Riad Boustan and im sure all the guests before and after me will feel the same way.

Room Tip: Any room you stay on you will love it. Garanteed!!!!!