“Best food in Fes”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Moroccan Cuisine
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hidden gem is the best moroccan food I 've had on my trip. The staff is efficient, the food tastes amazing and the restaurant atmosphere on the rooftop is divine. My favorite food there was the traditional tagines... Any of them are fantastic. The best part still remains the dessert, the pastilla melts in your mouth accompanied by a mint tea will be something I will miss when I return home from my journey. This restaurant is must try in Fes.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Don't miss this place. It was easily one of the best meals we had during a week in Morocco.

This is a beautiful riad that opened two years ago. It's owned by a friendly Canadian who's very proud of what he created. Service was friendly and the food was excellent. I recommend the pastilla and tagine with meatballs, tomato sauce and eggs. It's located just outside the medina and also has pretty rooftop terrace.

1  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Riad Andalib is a traditional, beautifully restored Riad near the Medina of Fès. The building and the rooms are exquisite. The owner and the staff are very nice and do their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a lovely meal in Riad Andalib, the staff were really attentive and welcoming. The food was really well cooked and presented and was delicious. Portions are large. We started on Moroccan salads, which were amazing and had lemon chicken tajine for main which was also really good. I generally found food of a high standard in Fes, so I think the main thing which sets this place apart was the surroundings which are really beautiful and their choice of wines. Alcohol is very expensive here, but that seemed to be the case everywhere in Morocco. The food was quite expensive, and I am not sure the extra quality completely warrants the very large price difference from other restaurants, but it a very good place for a splurge/celebration and a nice break from the Medina. I would definitely recommend this place if you have something to celebrate in Fes. We paid around 800 dirhams for starter and main for two. Mint tea, big bottle of water, bottle of wine (320 dirhams alone!) and a beer.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ate here our first night in Morocco, and needless to say we didn't realize we'd be setting a high bar for the rest of our meals on our trip. The food here is immaculate, both in terms of quality and presentation. We had lamb brouchettes and vegetarian cousous, and both were wonderful, not to mention a lot of food (prices are a bit higher here, but you get what you pay for). The ambiance is also very pleasant, and the staff is extremely attentive - we definitely recommend the Riad Andalib for dinner!