“an oasis in fez- Spectacular Riad”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riad Andalib

Riad Andalib
Ranked #1 of 99 Hotels in Fes
London, United Kingdom
“an oasis in fez- Spectacular Riad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

My Family and I have ust returned form a 5 night stay in Fez. We stayed at the Raid Andalib. I read the reviews before I booked the riad and thought there must be a catch but there were none. The raid was spectacular! It was beyond my expectations from the minute we arrived we felt so welcomed . We were greeted with a refreshing mint tea and pastries and then a tour of the raid was given by Reibal the charming owner. The accomodation was very comfortable, it had all we required. There was complimentary fruit and water in the rooms, The breakfast was very tasty and the service excellent. The staff were very polite , warm and caring of our needs.
The location of the Riad, the staff , the food ,It was all first class. I have no hesitation in recommending this Riad and am sure no-one will be disappointed. We would like to say a big "Thank You " to Reibal, Yousef and the staff at the Riad Andalib.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have been to Morocco many times, but this was by FAR my best experience. From the food to the dream-like accomodations; Riad Andalib surpassed my expectations. I had been 2 years ago when it was still under construction and to see the breathtaking results was undescribable. The staff was curteous and the owner charming. We had the chance to eat like royalty while taking in picturesque scenery for one week straight. The contrast between the hussle and bussle of the Medina and the serenity of the Riad brings a smile to my face. Each room has its own charm and you cannot help but feel like you've stolen a piece of the city with you. The colors & decor truly give you the Moroccan escape you are looking for while maintaining the modern touch we all deserve while on vacation. I can personally promise you the trip of your life if you stay at Riad Andalib, the owner will make sure everything is taking care and all you have to do is sit back and enjoy Morocco.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karine2602
Andalib, Propriétaire at Riad Andalib, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for the glowing review! I'm thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in fez and at Riad Andalib. It means a great deal when our guests enjoy their stay. Thank you so much for sharing your high opinion of me with other travellers. On behalf of the staff thank you for your trust and your support.
I will look forward to welcoming to Fez in the future. Well wishes to you and your freinds.
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I have recently returned from a fantastic stay in Morocco with my parents and a friend, and perhaps the highlight of our trip was staying at the beautiful Riad Andalib alone. It has been lovingly restored by the extremely hospitable owner, Reibal, and we were instantly made to feel at home on arrival by the wonderful staff. I was staying in the ambassador's suite, which was extremely spacious and comfortable. The riad is ideally situated at the edge of the medina in R'cif, meaning it can be accessed directly by car unlike many of the other riads in Fez which are within the medina and often difficult to find. This meant it was easy to arrive from the airport and to catch a taxi or the bus when necessary. It offers a peaceful escape from the intensity, drama and excitement of the medina, though its close proximity to the city centre meant our holiday combined both adventure and relaxation. The food was some of the best we ate during our holiday in Morocco, and the breakfast was slightly different each morning. We also ate at the riad in the evening, and the food was excellent- I would reccommend the pastilla- a local speciality that the owner kindly allowed us to help prepare with the chef, Naima, in the SPOTLESSLY clean kitchen. The service at the hotel was second to none, and all the staff were extremely friendly and attentive. They were always willing to go that extra mile to make our experience extra special. An example of this was when we were slightly peckish during the day, though not hungry enough to eat a full meal, one of the staff even went to a shop to buy us some potato chips! The pool was perfect for cooling off after exploring Fez in the midday sun, and the roof terrace was ideal for sunbathing. The owner kindly helped to organise an excursion to Meknes, Volubilis and Moulay Idriss for us in a chauffeur driven air conditioned car (with seatbelts!). This was an excellent day out with a knowledgeable and English-speaking driver. I would reccommend to those planning to stay at the riad to contact the owner in advance in order to arrange a private car to pick you up from the airport- it is much safer, more comfortable and only 30 dirhams (£2.30) more expensive than the set rate for the airport-city centre taxis which were slightly scary!
All that I would suggest to improve the riad would be to offer fresh fruit at breakfast, and to maybe sell nuts and crisps for those feeling peckish during the day!
Thanks again Reibal and all the wonderful staff for an excellent stay! Keep In touch! Love from George (Chef Ramsay!)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Andalib, Propriétaire at Riad Andalib, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this top-notch review! We greatly appreciate your feedback as well as your suggestions. I have relayed your compliments to our entire team and specifically the chef mentioned in this review. We are all very happy that you had such a memorable stay and look forward to seeing you again!
Essex, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have just returned from a fantastic stay in Fez at the Riad Andalib. What a find! I was travelling with my husband, son and a friend and taking into account all of our individual requirements for our 6 day stay, this Riad was exactly what we wanted - a really comfortable place where we knew we would be able to relax during the day for some of our time. We also knew it would be very hot at this time of the year, so a plunge pool was a 'must', as was air-conditioning. We also wanted to be able to eat in the Riad some evenings, so we looked for somewhere with a good restaurant: the Riad Andalib had all of this and so much more! From the moment we arrived, all of the staff were incredibly attentive and welcoming and following a fairly traumatic journey from the airport in a vehicle which was definitely not roadworthy, in searing heat, we were very grateful for the mint tea and pastries served to us on arrival. The owner, Reibal, was charming and did everything that he possibly could to make our stay a good one. His English was perfect and we were so pleased to be in the hands of someone who could help us to find our way around Fez, advise us on places to visit and answer all our questions about local customs. He also helped us by organising a day out with an English-speaking chauffeur who took us to Volubilis and Meknes, two very interesting places which we really enjoyed visiting.
The Riad is situated in the heart of a very busy area and it was a real oasis of calm. We couldn't wait to get back there after being out for a few hours and on one day, we didn't leave the riad at all. Our rooms were beautiful and had everything we needed - and more such as bathrobe and slippers.
Thank you to all of the staff at Riad Andalib, for making us feel so welcome in Morocco and Reibal, you should be very proud of what you have achieved. You have a wonderful hotel and you were an excellent host, I really hope that we will return one day. Perhaps we'll bring our village to Fez!
Must go, off to make a pastilla!!!
Kath

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Andalib, Propriétaire at Riad Andalib, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you so much for the glowing review! I'm thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in fez and at Riad Andalib. It means a great deal when our guests enjoy their stay. Thank you so much for sharing your high opinion of me with other travellers. The kind reviews that our guests sometimes send me really help me maintain my confidence and push me to work hard and not give up!
On behalf of the staff thank you for your trust and your support.
I am very happy to have known you. I will look forward to welcoming you and the village to Fez in the future. Well wishes to you, your family and the village!
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

The whole experience of staying in this wonderfully redeveloped Riad, was perfect in every way. The attention to detail for our needs was second to none. We were taken in like family by the very friendly and professional staff and especially by the owner. The whole stay had a feel of a true 5* establishment.

The in-house cooks/chefs were wonderful and the little extras from this Riad made the stay even more enjoyable, the plunge pool to cool you off after a walk through the best souk in Morocco, the gym to work of those wonderful meals, the rooms which were large and extremly comfortable, the roof terrace for some lovely sun-downers and evening meals with the hussle and bussle of the city passing below.

I would recommend Riad Andalib to anyone visiting this wonderful city without hesitation. Just sit back, relax and enjoy!

Room Tip: Just ask the owner for the best fit to your needs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you for sharing such nice review about us. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in fez and at our Riad. We will look forward to welcoming you to Fez in the future.
Boston, MA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay here very much. The room was large, beautifully decorated, and just a great place to relax. The food was excellently presented and very delicious. The rooftop terrace provided us with cool breezes and down time from the busy day., This hotel was located a few yards away from the very hectic Medina.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We are very experienced travelers and we usually doubt when a hotel has such good reviews. However, our experience at Riad Andalib was fantastic!!!
The owner of the Riad made an amazing job at rebuilding the property: a combination of old and new blend together to create a comfortable and beautiful place. They thought about every single detail that you can find in the top hotels in the world: bathrobes, flip flops, fruit in the room, etc. The rooms are super clean, nice...everything you need for a wonderful stay in Fes. Additionally, the service is fantastic, the owner is every day at the hotel so he is always making sure that everything is perfect: food, service, guides, etc. He even managed to find a guide who spoke Italian to please my inlaws!!
My husband and I can't wait to go back to Fes and stay at Riad Andalib, it was like being at home away from home.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly for promotions
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Andalib, Propriétaire at Riad Andalib, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you for sharing such nice comments about us. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in fez and at our Riad. We will look forward to welcoming you to Fez in the future.