We rented the entire Dar and stayed there for 4 nights in early November. From the first time I contacted the owner, she started sending me a lot of valuable information to make sure that I would have a pleasant stay in Fez and make Dar Sienna like a home for us. Yes, we had a wonderful time in Fez and Dar Sienna.
When giving a review, as always, I write both the pros and cons with the hope that the review will be benefit to both the travelers and the property owner.
- The hospitality was the best of all. It started before our arrival and ended at the time we stepped into the taxi for the next destination.
- The location was unbeatable, inside the medina but away from the noise. It is so near the historical site, Moulay Idriss II shrine, that we could easily asked the direction to get back to the Dar.
- The daily breakfast was sumptuous and delicious. Saba, I called her Lady Saba, worked so hard to make sure that we ate well before heading out for the day. She prepared mint tea every late afternoon for us too.
- The property manager, Ahmed, was very observing and anticipated our needs before we got into troubles, such as recommending city tour guide to save us from lost in the maze inside the medina.
- The Dar has a wonderful kitchen facility and very well equipped. (After x meals of Tagine, couscous, kebabs and pastillas, we were craving for something light. We cooked 2 dinners in the kitchen and got a few tips from Ahmed of cooking local vegetable soup. )
- The sheets, pillows, down comforters and towels were very high quality.
- The hot shower was not adequate. The water got cold in the middle of shower. Two of us caught cold during the trip. They were not happy with the hot shower system.
- The ensuite shower room in the third level had no lighting fixtures that we couldn't take a shower in the evening. Although the property manager suggested not to close the shower curtain to let the light from the bedroom in. We didn't do it for not wanting to damp the hallway floor.
- The beds/mattresses in the bedrooms of the 2nd and 3rd level were too soft to be comfortable; especially after sleeping 4 nights there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dar Sienna is a cosy guesthouse, located in the heart of the car-free Fez medina. ALSO AVAILABLE TO RENT THE WHOLE HOUSE, SLEEPS 2-6 PERSONS. Free breakfast and high-speed wifi and use of kitchen.Golf course and swimming pool nearby. Excursions to Sefrou, Meknes, Volubilis arranged. Cookery and breadbaking lessons at Cafe Clock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Dar Sienna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Sienna Hotel Fes