“Superb!” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Layalina Fez
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Fes
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Riad Layalina for 2 nights and as other people have said in their own reviews, it is very difficilt to fault this place. It was a pleasure to stay in this beautif Riad, the design and decor is simply fabulous you could spend all day admiring it! The rooms are clean and a good size with beautiful interior. The hosts were very friendly and generous and gave us tea and tagine on arrival! The food they do here is great, much better than what we had to eat at restaurants is Fes. The location is very good, 2 minutes walk from the souks. Our only criticism was the noise during the night of dogs barking and noisy locals - not the Riad's fault but down to the location i suppose! We were lucky to meet the owner who was very helpful in showing us places to eat and shop around Fes. We would have been a little lost and aprahensive about leaving the Riad otherwise. Overall we would definitely recommend staying at Riad Layalina to anyone visiting Fes.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Scott W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Riad Layalina as we had a great stay there last month. The Riad arranged a driver to pick us up at the train station, which went seemlessly (despite our late arriving train) and we arrived easily to the Riad, which was clean, nice, and well decorated. Be advised that both entrances to the Riad are unassuming/unimpressive, however the inside is lovely. Since we were so late to arrive, the Riad kindly offered to go out and pick up take-out for us to eat in the hotel. My stomach was not feeling well, so they also very generously bought the ingredients to make me a special soothing rice pudding (which amazingly helped my stomach to settle!). We spent the next day wandering around the Medina on our own, which was very close by, visiting shops and the tannery. We decided to Make our way down to the bottom of the Medina and found a gate out of the maze and took a taxi back to the Riad. I also spent some time lounging by the pool (in the sun until about 2pm?) and tanning on the lovely roof terrace (sunny all day). The next day, the Riad arranged a day trip to the mountains for us with a private driver, which was enjoyable and worked very well. On our last night someone from the Riad came with us to the ATM at night so that we would feel safe taking out the sum of our payment in cash, since they dont take cards and we were 2 girls traveling alone. I should also mention that the breakfast was huge, with lots of breads and delicious orange juice. My only complaints are not really for the Riad, however, during our stay, the other guests took the 'treat this as your home' policy of the Riad a bit too liberally as they were constantly in the courtyard smoking and making lots of noise which we could hear in our room. Also, the driver that the Riad called to take us to the airport on the last day drove like an absolute maniac. Unfortunately, I can not remember his name, but hopefully the Riad will stop using his services.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Aurora E
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Not only is it beautiful and has a great location, but the staff are really something else. we were greeted by a welcome meal and tea. The young man who seems to manage it has great English and is so accommodating. Him and the lady who cooks and cleans really made this place sparkle and would be the reason it always gets great reviews.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julia T
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Riad Lalayina will always hold a special place in my heart !

I was planning on three days and stayed three weeks. While Jerome, the owner is usually in France, the brothers that operate the Riad are the best staff you can find anywhere on the planet. And before I left Jerome came from France so I had the pleasure of meeting the man who put this place together.

Siad met me in the carpark and arranged for my luggage, I never carried a thing here ! The rooms are very warm and comfortable and designed with a pure Moroccan style, not the manufactured feel. I found my favorite room on the second floor and it became my second home.

What more can you want when you can have your tea and meals brought to you when ever you like and anything else you might need all you have to do is ask Siad and he will take care of it with the nicest demeanor.

The morning omelets, made by Aziz, were one of my favorites, they are so light & crisp with corn in the batter, the flavor is wonderful ! You can order any sort of dinners you like as long as they can find the ingredients somewhere in Fez.

Radouan, the oldest of the brothers was always available to work out details if necessary, he arranged for the best rooms at the best prices and helped me with many things, above and beyond the call of duty !

I miss Riad Lalayina very much and plan to visit Fez again as I am able !!

Room Tip: All the rooms here are good, it depends on how many beds and how many people you are. I especially l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I don't know if I need to write a really long review about this place, as it seems like everyone else on here has more or less the same opinion as I do! Really had a lovely time here, staff was very helpful, location was great, and facilities were above par. Especially liked the plunge pool (although after about 3pm it's no longer in direct light as its against the building) but still enjoyable to cool down.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms (well, at least one) has a detached but personal bathroom. If you want it to be di...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Layalina is the most beautiful Riad; I was made to feel completely at home as soon as I arrived. I stayed in the Junior Suite, which is enormous and exquisite, and a room I would highly recommend. The family who run it went completely over and above board, booking me taxis, providing for all my needs, serving a delicious complementary meal on my arrival, and taking me on a twenty minute walk through the labyrinthine medina at 11pm to find the nearest cash point. I could not recommend it more highly. Either the courtyard with its small pool, or the rooftop with breathtaking views across the city and the surrounding hills are perfect places to relax. The only thing I would bring to your attention is that they require payment in cash - whether it be euros or dirham - which caught me out at the last minute, especially as the nearest cash point wouldn't accept my card.

Room Tip: The beautiful Junior Suite is double height with a mezzanine, a generous ensuite, gorgeous interiors...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The service here was fantastic. Shahid was brilliant, and went well above and beyond good hospitality, taking me out around Fez and making me tea and juice. The moment I arrived, exhausted after a long journey I was welcomed with lovely food & tea. And the breakfasts were by far the best I have had in Morocco. Jerome was brilliant too and so kind. Big thank you for being so welcoming. The Riad itself is quite cute and homely with a nice roof terrace. But it really was the service that stood out for me and made me want to write a review.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo