Dar Fes Medina
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$179
$188
Dar Hafsa(Fes)(Great Value!)
$50
  • Breakfast included
Riad Dar Guennoun(Fes)(Great Value!)
$77
$141
$136
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbab ziatmint tea and cookiesthe ownerhome away from homeminute walkblue gatecomfortable place to stayevery morningcall to prayermoroccan hospitalitytour guiderooftop terracebottled waterspent nightstraditional styleyogurttaxi driver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at Dar Fes Medina in May with family and had a fantastic time. Despite a miscommunication when booking the property, Mohamed and his staff were excellent hosts and did everything possible to ensure that we were comfortable and happy throughout our stay.
The Riad is located in Ziat - a 10 minute walk from Batha, 15 minutes from Bab Boujloud. The area is quieter than most parts of the Fez medina, is easily reached by taxi, and the rooftop has a lovely view of the entire medina.
The staff was attentive and made sure that our every need was attended to. They cooked a fabulous dinner - we started with the 7 salads (we got 8, I believe, and they were all excellent!) and continued with a delicious kefta tajine and fruit for dessert. The riad arranged a half day walking tour of the medina, and helped us to find other accommodation for the next evening.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the bathrooms are all recently redone, and the common spaces (downstairs, terrace) are all well furnished, well kept, and comfortable. I would highly recommend Dar Fes Medina to anyone visiting Fes - I've previously stayed here 2 times, and hope to stay here again soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I wrote a previous review and identified the wrong RIAD in Fes Morocco. My apologies to the other RIAD.

It was Far Fez Medina that did not have our reservation in May when we arrived. The seven of us could stay one night but not two as the tour leader thought she had booked us. For the one night, Far Fez was just as just as good as the reviewers indicated...very clean and the food was fabulous.

The second night they moved us to another riad close by. It was said to be more expensive but they would give us the same rate. However, the accommodations were not as good. It looked nice but there was no running hot water in our room, the sheets appeared to have not been changed as they were wrinkled & there were crumbs in the bed. (the pillow case was changed),
also there was a sewage odor .

Thought you should know....the manager who tried to work out this mistake could not have been nicer) but to be charged the regular rate ....seemed unfair to me.

Room Tip: Check the bed, the hot water, and the site in general before accepting a replacement
Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
darfesmedina, Manager at Dar Fes Medina, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thanks indeed of that review that it isn't concern our riad, we just wanted to help you the day you came when you thought that you had a booking with us and you didn't confirm it. Even the lady that was in charge of your booking, was agreed with us and thanked us about our help because we tried our best to help the whole group to find 5 rooms in a high season in a very difficult time especially with these amount of rooms. Actually, it wasn't our responsibility if the other riad was good or not. Indeed, we got an excellent review from one of the member of the group- thanking and grating us- and she said that the whole group were happy and satisfied in Dar Fes Medina.
We always do our best and possibility to let our client feel satisfied and comfortable.

Welcome any time to Dar Fes Medina.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel on the edge of the medina. One of the few hotels that can be accessed by taxi which is a bonus. They responded to all of our requests with a smile (dinner at the last minute, tea whenever we wanted it) and made us feel very comfortable. We would definitely go back. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2013

What makes a perfect place to stay are the people behind working hard to make it possible - that's what I got the minute I was welcomed at Dar Fes Medina.
When they told me "this is your home and you are family" -I knew that It was meant sincerely -And I, being always skeptical when I travel.

The People of Dar Fes Medina:
(hope I got the names & the spelling correctly)

Mohammed - The owner. When he said I am now family, I didn't expect that I will be introduced to the rest - his father, brother & uncle! haha ... I even got the chance to have a personal tour of the antique shop the family owns in the medina (this shop was featured @ NY times).
When I requested for a guide to show me the culture & history of Fez & the medina (and not to bring me from one shop to the next tourist trap),I was given a guide who did just that - Jaweed(?),highly recommended guide.
When a group of 12 Americans, without confirming their reservation called him that they are on their way and will be having dinner - I saw first hand how Mohammed & the staff handled the situation professionally, and we all just had a good laugh once everything was settled.

The staff: Imane - very intelligent & gracious, made sure that I always had my daily dose of unlimited tea & unlimited homemade cookies. =) Had good conversations with her.
Sameer - accompanied & showed me how to navigate the dizzying streets of Fez.
Rizzy - that's what I called her =), prepared my hearty breakfast, and had the best Tangine ever!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that since I am treated like "family", I had free dinner on my last night! =)

It is hard to get to know the people of Morocco if you are out in the tourist sites haggling the whole day with the locals ,which can get pretty tiring, It is just so nice that I get to experience 3 days of real Moroccan hospitality

Shukran! Dar Fes Medina

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My group arranged a meeting stay at the Dar Fes Medina and everything greatly exceeded expectations. The staff, led by Mohammed and Imane, took care of all our needs, from arranging our meeting room, to touring side trips. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. Breakfast was a feast. We also chose to cater our lunch and that was magnificent. The location in the medina is convenient (and the staff arranges guides to/from restaurants or sites). The rooftop terrace was a wonderful spot to relax on at the end of the day with a cup of mint tea.

Room Tip: Room 304, a corner double, has a great view of the local mosque.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business