If asked to review the building by itself, I would give the place 5 stars, but fortunately I am asked to review my experience and my experience was bad.
The experience my wife and I had was very similar to that of Chicago60613.
1. I actually checked to see if our bed was made of stone because it felt like it was. My wife actually stuffed cushions under the bed sheets to prevent pain from the firmness.
2. One night we had to stand outside for 10-15minutes knocking until someone came to let us in at 9PM because the staff was having a dance party for one of their own birthdays and neglecting their very few guests.
3. We asked them to set us up with a local Unesco guide and they gave us this guide who was a scam artist who basically took advantage of us for an entire day.
4. When asked where they recommended for dining they said to eat in the hotel. When pressed on other places, they told us we looked tired and should just go to bed. When pressed further they told us that we'd probably get stomach aches from eating the local food.
5. The pool was dirty and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while.
When I travel, I view my hotel as my safe haven and their staff my team in making sure I have a good time. They have a concierge and staff typically for this purpose. I view my hotel as a sanctuary of safety. At Riad Salam Fes, I felt that they would take advantage of me at any turn. Though the Riad is beautiful, the people truly dictate the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A True inspiration Moorish temple located in the heart of one of the four imperial cities of Morocco which is the Medina of Fez (classified as a historic monument by UNESCO).Baudelaire seems to have been inspired by this haven of peace ("Salam" in Arabic), with its crystal atmosphere fountains, mosaics, marble and stucco seem to have fixed the size of the Moroccan ancient arts.Beauty, quiet, luxury and pleasure are awaiting you as an invitation to a journey through time that will take you to the splendors of the Moroccan richest heritage.Hammam, Culinary Arts, Massage ... Let yourself be won by this festival of senses! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Salam Fes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.