“Beautiful riad in Fez”

Ranked #26 of 211 Fes B&B and Inns
Brno, Czech Republic
“Beautiful riad in Fez”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

It's one from the most beautiful hostels (riads) which I ever seen. In heart of the Fes in Medina. I was there with my girl and friends and we were happy from this hotel stay. All the guys were very helpful and they made fantastic mint tea :) . No bugs, no noise, nice rooms and terrace...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Monterrey
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Thank you guys it was wonderful! Really nice staying with you, a perfect location, rooms are fine nothing to complain about. Among the better places we stayed in Morocco...Guys don't miss those moments when Moustaffa says "Mama Africa", hillarious :) and Mohammed's very own Espanol-Italiano-Engllish-German mix is a must as well ;)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank 2Pete4
Tangier, Morocco
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Dar el Yasmine is tucked away in the old city, but it's easy enough to find. Aziz met us outside the nearest largest gate, so we had no problem getting there originally either. The riad is gorgeous, and everybody who works there is wonderful. We had a great time, and I highly recommend Dar el Yasmine.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was SUCH a fantastic riad in Fes. It's located inside the Medina, so you're right in the middle of the old city, surrounded by the souqs. The riad itself is gorgeous and the rooms are furnished with everything you need. The guys who run the riad are great; really friendly, helpful and funny. Definitely try the riad breakfast and mint tea because they're delicious! I have no complaints about staying here and I will definitely stay here when I return to Fes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Fez
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Dar El Yasmine was great! Me and a friend arrived in Fez and were met when we got out of our taxi by Aziz, who took us there. We actually stayed in the 2nd Riad, which is a bit quieter than the main one where everyone hangs out. But there we were able to meet a lot of other travellers who were nice and interesting. Aziz, Mohammed and Mustafa made us feel very welcome.

But more importantly, they helped my friend when she got sick, had us over for huge and delicious dinner and gave us cooking lessons when they had friends from the desert round, let us hang out on their roof terrace and scrounge delicious tea as much as possible, and finally when the housing officer on the course that we were taking at ALIF was useless Aziz put us in touch with someone he knew who rented nice apartments in the old Medina- he even haggled it down for us and got us a significant amount off. Currently still in Fez, and we both owe the guys working at Dar El Yasmine a huge amount for their help. They're great people to have on your side when facing any kind of challenge. They, of course, offered us desert trips and medina tours but when we said we weren't interested it was left at that. No pushing. Mohammed also has a fantastic laugh. And they seem to speak an incredible number of languages, although they insist that they are just good communicators.

They went above and beyond the call of duty for us! And if anyone is thinking about staying there- especially for the long term- I'd definitely recommend them to get in touch. I've been all over the place, and this is the first time that I have felt compelled to actually post a review. It's that good.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be kept up, go higher up in the building!
6 Thank frank7693
Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Dar el Yasmine is hands down the best place that I have stayed in Morocco, and easily ranks in the top 10 of the places I have stayed in during all of my travels across the years. I don't really write reviews or use the superlative, but this place warrants it. Here's why it was so amazing: the riad is centrally located just a couple of minutes walk down from Bab Boujloud. As a single traveler it was great that Aziz, one of the owners, came to pick me up at the gate so that I didn't get hassled. Most importantly, however, all three of the guys at the riad - Aziz, Mustapha and Mohammed put themselves out to make your stay the best possible. I came to Fes to study at the Arabic Language Institute, and I only planned on stay there for two days. I ended up extending my stay to four days, but Aziz helped me to find a permanent family to stay with for the rest of my two months before I left the riad. It was also centrally located - which is key. There are some places which are very nice and traditionally decorated in the medina, but they are very far away from Bab Boujloud or so far into the maze of approximately 9,000 medina streets that it is daunting to find them. Not so with this place. I also loved hanging out with them so much that I came back to hang out on a regular basis to drink Mustapha's delicious mint tea and eat the best kefta in Morocco and hang out in the tent on the roof relaxing and meeting people from all over the world. They welcomed me back into their riad every day even though I wasn't staying there anymore. Aziz and Mohammed can also arrange tours anywhere in Morocco - I went to the Sahara (and rode a camel!), but other travelers went on day trips to Meknes and Volubulis, Chefchaouen and Sefrou. I've already mentioned this before, but the food is seriously amazing - totally ruined my expectations for all other food in Morocco - I kept wondering why it wasn't as good! Stay here for an authentic Moroccan experience with amazing people who will make you feel as if you are at home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank AlainaM366
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 11, 2012

A wonderful riad in the center of the medina of Fes. A very friendly staff who will help you with everything. They will pick you up whats is very handy in the big medina of Fes. In the evening you can go to the market with them to buy food for delicious selfcooked dinner. They make a delicious kefta! they have an amazing terrace where you can relax and smoke some shi-sha. It is always full so you will meet a lot of other travellers!

Room Tip: Make a reservation because it's always full
4 Thank Sebastiaan D