$138
  • Pool
$118
$82
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

Riad Rcif(Fes)(Great Value!)
$62
$60
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

$188
$224
$214
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$176
$165
Travelocity
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $300/night.

Riad Layalina Fez(Fes)
$83
$79
Official Site
$1,259
$182
Priceline
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of $422/night.

$188
$169
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $223/night.

All reviewscasablanca suiteinterior gardenprivate hammamcooking classthe ownerorange treespastillaroof terracemint teafeel like familyhammam experienceevery morningatlas mountainsstayed longerbeautiful propertyvisit festile work
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Ryad Alya was our first stop in Morocco and they treated us like family. Communication is wonderful, guides were easily organized and dinner on the roof was spectacular. We had laundry done and returned same day for a nominal fee. Highly recommend this Medina Ryad!

Stayed: August 2017
filala, Réceptionniste at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your nice comment, It is a pleasure to know that our services were up to your expectations. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Best regards

Reviewed August 1, 2017

Before going into the beauty of this riad, I need to tell you how absolutely AMAZING the staff of Riad Alya is! As soon as we booked our stay Alham reached out to welcome us and offer any help she could. She even went out of her way to arrange a tour to take us from our hotel in Casablanca to the Riad with amazing stops at Meknes and Volubilis along the way.

When we arrived Alham, Hassnae and Omar welcomed us, making us feel at home immediately. They served us mint tea and traditional Moroccan cookies, showed us around the Riad explaining its history and renovation process, which was absolutely exquisite!! Hassnae then set us up in our suite (Fes Suite) which is hands down the most romantic set of rooms my husband and I have ever stayed in. It felt almost like a second honeymoon!

For the duration of our stay Hassnae and the rest of the staff at Riad Alya did everything they could to make us feel welcome. Idris served us fantastic breakfasts every morning, even when we slept in till noon, and Omar served us dinner every night on the roof with beautiful views of Fes, while Abdullah played the guitar and sang. Hassnae set up an amazing tour with Azzedine, who showed us around the old Medina. Azzedine took us to amazing historic sites and taught us a lot about the history and culture of Fes, he also helped us shop, making sure we were treated like locals.

Hassnae also arranged for us to enjoy their spa; Moroccan Hammam and massage. The harman was fantastic (ladies, wear a bikini bottom) and left our skin feeling baby soft, and the massage was incredibly relaxing.

I could go on and on about how amazing every one was at Riad Alya, and all the little ways Hassnae and Omar made us feel like family, but that will have to wait for our next trip to Fes!!!!

Room Tip: All of the suites are spectacular! We chose the Fes suite, but each has their own unique beauty.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
filala, Receptionniste at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your memories of staying in our Riad. We are honored that our efforts to make your stay comfortable has met your expectations: the Tour from Casablanaca to Fes ,staff, Riad,room ,breakfast & dinner , guide, Hammam and Massage.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
All the best and warm regards!
Riad Alya Team

Reviewed June 25, 2017

My husband and I had the most wonderful time at Ryad Alya in December 2016. The staff was warm, welcoming and made sure our stay was most comfortable. I can go on and on about the food. The breakfast spread, served fresh just as we sat down each morning, was wonderful and surpassed only by the dinner. I was amazed how the chef managed to pull off meals day after day without repeating the recipes. It was particularly appreciated as I have certain dietary restrictions.
Each evening Abdullah came to the Ryad to play the oud while the guests enjoyed dinner in the courtyard. My husband and Abdullah developed a good friendship the foundation of which was a shared love of soulful music even though they did not have a language in common. Omar, the maitre d', translated between French and English so that the two guys could talk.
The lovely chef, who we regret not meeting in person, packed a box of traditional Moroccan biscuits for our journey as we parted company.
I cannot end this review without mentioning two other people who made our trip to Fes an all-round success. Unfortunately, at this point I cannot recall the names of either but the first mention is of the tour guide that the team at the Ryad arranged for us. He gave us a personalised tour of the medina, navigating the narrow alleys and sharing the history of the place with us. Upon my request, he took us to a local cottage industry-like store that specialises in handmade embroidered products where I got quality goods without the pushy salesmen experience. He treated us to a round of Moroccan tea at the end of the day. I remember he asked us whether we wanted to go to an upmarket cafe or a traditional place, my husband chose the latter. So we sipped fragrant mint tea at a local tea shop in a bustling alley chatting about this and that. He also gave me some very handy tips on Moroccan cooking. We later found out the gentleman was a professor of history at the university.
The other gentleman was the driver, who took us around Fes and on a day trip to Chefchaouen. He arranged a local guide at Chefchaouen for us. I remember it was pouring that day since morning and my husband and I were only carrying one umbrella, so he gave me his only umbrella just so we could be more comfortable. It's these tiny little gestures of human kindness that impress us the most.
The warmth and hospitality we enjoyed at Ryad Alya will stay in our hearts forever. Thanks, Lahcen, Omar, Hassnae for making our stay so memorable.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Dushyanjali
filala, Réceptionneste at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your impression with us and many other travelers. .We are glad to learn that we did meet your expectations during your recent stay in our establishment. Our guests' satisfaction is our priority and we are constantly working on the quality of the service provided.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Best Regards

Reviewed May 26, 2017

The ladies were SUPER nice and I think the differences were a cultural preference. I'd recommend having one of the hosts take notes of how much pressure we want or areas to focus on just to make sure this ends up being a relaxing treatment for your guests.

눇The staff was AMAZING! Hassnae was our host and she arranged an airport transfer, city tour and Chefchaouen tour during our stay. She was super communicative through email for months leading up to our stay. Even the day before our stay, she emailed us and asked if there was anything else we needed. When we arrived, she served us mint tea and then took us on a 20 minute tour of the riad and told us some trivia on how a riad is different from a hotel.

They have an amazing rooftop seating area and the best food I've eaten in Morocco. The view is incredible from the rooftop-- you can see the entire old city and the walls surrounding it. Be sure to order your dinner the night before since they go out and shop for all fresh ingredients the morning of. We made the mistake of not ordering dinner for when we arrived and we only had the option of chicken tagine. Their salads, cous cous and kebabs are to die for!! Omar was our waiter and he was SO friendly and was always smiling. They usually have wine on hand but one evening they ran out so he ran out and purchased a bottle for us to drink. That is great customer service.

The owner, Lahcen, also came around the first night to greet us. He was very helpful through our stay as well.

I would recommend trying to stay in a room above the 1st floor. We stayed in the Tanger suite on the 1st floor and I had to sleep with earplugs. You can hear foot traffic all night from the bedroom window-- kids running around, people yelling, etc at all hours of the night. I also heard a lot of talking/yelling from within the Riad in the room next door to ours around midnight. Not sure if it was the staff getting off and hanging out but it was loud and kept us up.
-------------------------------------------
This part of the review is about the spa services they offer, which in no way affects my review of the Riad.

We wanted to relax on our 2nd night so my boyfriend and I did the 1 hour massage and hamam (turkish bath). Each treatment was 25 euro (100 total for 4 treatments for the both of us). We didn't really enjoy it at all.

For the Hamam: We've both been to Turkey and received real Turkish baths and this was not as good. The lady did not speak a word of English so it was really hard to communicate if the water was too hot, too cold, etc. I wish when my mud dried that the lady did not sit in the room on a stool for 10 minutes-- it was kind of awkward. I think she could have left the room so I could relax-- I mean I was pretty much naked except my underwear. The water was too hot for my face most of the time but I never knew if she was going to pour the bucket on my face or body so I was cringing from the hot water most of the time. At one point, she communicated to ask me if I wanted to listen to some music while I waited for the mud to dry. I said yes, thinking that she would put on some light music in the room. I then heard very loud music coming from the hallway and thought immediately that my boyfriend was getting a massage less than 5 feet away and this was disturbing him. I tried asking her to turn off the music but it took a few minutes to find the right hand signals. It just was not as relaxing as I'd imagined.

The masseuse also did not speak English and it was hard communicating to her to put more pressure. My boyfriend did not enjoy his massage at all since he said he kept asking her for more pressure but she could not understand him. I did the Hamam first while my boyfriend did the massage (only one person in each room at a time) and they had us sit out in the hall in between our sessions. But they both stood literally one foot away from us on opposite sides so we couldn't really talk about our sessions without awkwardly whispering. My boyfriend told me to ask for more pressure but that she probably wouldn't understand. She kind of understood me when I asked since I used hand signals. It still was not a great massage.

Room Tip: 1st floor is super loud ALL night-- horrible sleep. Get an upstairs room if possible
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
filala, Recpetionneste at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2017

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your impression with us and many other travelers. We are happy to hear, that you have enjoyed you time here in Fes and hope to see you soon again in our Ryad. I am sorry to hear that the SPA in our Ryad was a bit inconvenient because the girls speaks only French but we are trying to find and girls speaks english .Please excused any cuased inconveinience. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you in our riad All the best and warm regards!

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Look in the dictionary for the word awesome, and Riad Alya comes up. We have stayed at riads in Marrakesh, and Essouira, and while they were both outstanding, there is no doubt Riad Alya was a cut above. Just 5 minutes walk from the great shopping and cultural history of the Medina, Riad Alya's archetecture and grandeur has been immaculately preserved. The mosaic tile work, the cypress wood doors and ceilings are amazing. Each room is named for a city in Morocco and while all of them are beautiful, the Suite Fes is palatial. The Riad also has Hammam (spa and massage area) on site and the service is excellent. The staff at the Riad are also outstanding attending to every need no matter how small. Need stamps and your post card mailed- done. Have a monster cold, don't speak the language and you need medicine, they will go out and get it for you. Have a special request for dinner, no problem. The staff is also really friendly and are committed to you having a stress free stay. I led a university group and we rented out the read for our group and it was a great choice. the courtyard is spacious so we could bring in various guest lecturers and performers. The cost may be a little high, but we had the security of knowing the only people in the Riad were the students, and as the faculty leader, that made me at ease.
I have already called my wife and let her know that our next anniversary, it's Riad Alya and the suite Fes!!!
The only negative, and it is mild, is the per person cost for meals is about $28, so make sure you eat in the Medina. and the rooms are organized each day, but I wouldn't say deep cleaned.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
filala, Receptionneste at Ryad Alya, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2017

We would like to thank you very much for your comment and your nice words ,it was a great pleasure to welcome you and your University group to Ryad Alya.
We are glad to learn that we did meet your expectations during your stay with us.
We will be waiting for you and your wife to spend your next anniversary in Ryad Alya and Fes Suite.
Best Regards