“Excellent food excellent service”

Restaurant dar hatim
Ranked #16 of 215 Restaurants in Fes
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our kitchen is based on fresh 100% natural products , come to test the real morocan kitche . You are welcom to " Dar Hatim "
Madrid, Spain
“Excellent food excellent service”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

OK, so 25 euros is expensive for Morocco, but you will receive the best Moroccan meal you had. Great hostess and great ambiance. A must go, if you have a little more to spend.

1 Thank Robcampenhout

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Some of the best food I had in Morocco”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Worth navigating the medina to find. Very friendly service. We took our own wine, which seemed to be ok.
Amazing food, perfect for sharing with a group. The pastilla was great.

• Visited April 2014
“A perfect last meal”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

To end our week long holiday we decided to eat here after reading several positive reviews on here.. result.. We were not at all disappointed. From the friendly driver that picks you up directly from the hotel to the delicious food, our entire experience at this restaurant was splendid. I could not recommend this place any more.

2 Thank zahraaxxo
freddieskyhigh
“A haven in the heart of the Medina”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I can not recommend more highly the Dar Hatim restaurant.

You are picked up from your hotel by the delightful owner of the restaurant and escorted down all the winding streets to Dar Hatim, which is his family's house right in the middle of the medina.

We were greeted by his enchanting wife who oozed charm and wonderfulness and we took our spot. Yes, it is not a place frequented by locals, but this didn't detract too much from the experience.

We really felt like we were their guests and dining in their home as such...they told us to make ourselves at home. The food was outstandingly delicious: you choose from one of five menus and my party ordered the turkey, lamb and chicken pastiche, all of which were scrumptious. Apparently the chicken pastiche was the best my mother had ever had. The lamb, which I had, was simple but succulent.

Go with an empty stomach: the starter they serve encompasses a multitude of plates and it is all topped off with a yummy plate of fruit and biscuits for dessert.

Dar Hatim was undoubtedly a highlight of our time in Fez, and I highly recommend that you go!

1 Thank freddieskyhigh
Troy, Illinois
“Homecooked Moroccan food”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The owner picked us up at the Dar we were staying at. The menu is small but the choices are wonderful. Just my daughter and I went. The meal started off with bread, olive oil and olives. It was followed by cooked salads (12 dishes, seriously) including eggplant, tomatoes, carrots, etc. All were delicious. My daughter had the lamb and loved it. I had the traditional Moroccan chicken pot pie (Bastilla). It was so good that we returned the next night so my daughter could have the Bastilla. The decoration in the restaurant is so ornate that you could spend the entire time staring at the ceiling. And the owners show you the house before you leave. Wonderful! Don;t miss this restaurant if you go to Fes.

Visited July 2014