“Hidden Gem”

Restaurant dar hatim
Ranked #14 of 209 Restaurants in Fes
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our kitchen is based on fresh 100% natural products , come to test the real morocan kitche . You are welcom to " Dar Hatim "
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Hidden Gem is the best description of the amazing restaurant our guide took us to this evening. Dar Hatim is a gastronomic experience that will not be forgotten. Found in the heart of the old Medina in Fes, if your willing to navigate the dark alleys of the Medina, this family run house/restaurant is what being a foodie tourist is all about! Great food, great service, great atmosphere. I promise all your senses will be pleased after experiencing Dar Hatim

• Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Sydney,australia
“If you are a foodie....don't miss this place”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner one night here as part of our tour through Northern Morocco with Intrepid. It was a fantastic dining experience.
The place would be hard to find I imagine, you may need a local to point you in the right direction of little alleys in the medina.
It's in a beautiful private house and the owners are lovely and hospitable.
The food is absolutely delicious. We had a set menu 200 dirham, and the chicken pastille was divine. Everything was fabulous. It was busy, so I'd recommend booking before you go so you don't get disappointed. Have a look through the whole house, including the terrace, it's just lovely.
Highly recommend.

Visited January 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“What a great find”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

After a fantastic tour with one of the best guides I have ever met, Tommy, (I am sure that is not the proper spelling of his name), he dropped us off at this restaurant. The owners are delightful and the food was the best we have eaten in Morocco. The pastille poulet was unbelievable! This restraint is difficult to find but believe me it is worth the adventure . The owners even walked us through the streets while it was raining to hail us a cab and ensure we got back to our destination.

• Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Great meal and family experience”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had dinner here on a rainy, wet Fez night. We found the place with some local assistance, but the owners will come and collect you from your hotel or nearby main thoroughfare (at the end of dinner they escorted us back to the start of Talaa Kabira and we were happy to walk home from there as we knew the way). It is near Bab Guissa, but not easy to find yourself. We were warmly welcomed into what is a family home. It is a lovely place and very cosy. The food was equally lovely, and we opted for the set course menus, one with turkey kebabs (DAR 130) and one with the house speciality, pastilla (a chicken version) - DAR 200. Food was really tasty and well cooked, including the lovely Moroccan salad starters (hot). The pastilla was delicious, although I thought the pastry was slightly over cooked (which is hard to control because the pie is oven baked). Frankly, we were tired of the typical fare served to tourists in typical restaurants. We craved something more authentic and Dar Hatim really delivered that - a huge shokrun!

Visited January 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My best experience in Morocco”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went to Dar Hatim based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. We were picked up at our hotel by Fouad, the restaurant being a bit difficult to find in Fez Medina. We entered a beautiful home with tiled walls, carved ceilings, everything you would hope to find in a traditional Moroccan home. We were greeted by Karima, Fouad's wife and the chef. The menu is small, but classic. The starting cooked salads were overwhelming, each one more delicious than the next. I suggest not filling up on them because I was full before the main courses of couscous with chicken and pastilla. Both were delicious. I would note that alcohol is not served and you need to bring your own if you want wine with dinner .

It was mentioned in passing in the car to the restaurant that it was my birthday and after dinner Karima brought out a plate of pastries for us to enjoy. I was also given a plate from the restaurant to take home. Then, as a final thoughtfulness, they took us on a tour through their home. I have truly never had a warmer or more memorable restaurant experience. I highly recommend it for all.

• Visited December 2013