“Chaotic food, poor service, extremely expensive.”

Palais de Merinides
Ranked #147 of 206 Restaurants in Fes
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Paris
“Chaotic food, poor service, extremely expensive.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Magnificent place, but poor service. The pastilla was very good, but stay away of the "méchoui" (300 Dhs): awful meat, with raw vegetables! Of course the visa terminal was out of order, and the Exchange rate poor.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Stunning interior, shame about the food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We walked in and were immediately taken with the beautiful interior so decided to give it a try. The menu consisted of only set menus, each having the same starter and dessert so not much choice. We were a little wary of the salads but it looked a clean place so took the risk - don't! I have a stomach of iron and I got ill for a couple of days; my partner was struck down for over a week. Service was poor, we didn't get offered any coffees, the bill was presented before we had finished and trying to get a beer was like pulling teeth.

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good Food but TOO Expensive for Maroc!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

The interior of this restaurant is stunning. At least that much I can really say with confidence. I also enjoyed the food...it was really good and nicely served and offers a variety of Moroccan courses. The only thing I did not like was the COST. It was far too expensive. I stumbled on this place sort of by accident and should have known better. Although it cost me a bundle, at least I enjoyed it. I do not recommend this to the average budget traveller, as it is far too expensive and you can get similar options for less.

• Visited September 2011
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“We were followed to our hotel after we left!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

A seemingly friendly man from a spice shop recommended us this restaurant and brought us there in the afternoon. The place looks beautiful and we decided to make a reservation. A downpayment of 100 DHS was required. While some locals advised us not to go because of the bad food and the very high price (300 DHS per person), we did go but found an empty restaurant; no guests at prime time! We decided to leave and go to another restaurant. A heated discussion with the very unfriendly owner followed!

The next morning, the same man that recommended us the place suddenly appeared right at our breakfast table in our hotel to get compensation! He got in by saying he was a long time friend of and knew us for years (we only met him the past day). Luckily, the hotel owner kicked the man out, but it was a very frightening situation for me and my girlfriend at a place where we expected to feel safe!

Don't go to this place...

• Visited March 2012
The Hague, Netherlands
“Tourist trap with bad food- avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

A guide lured us here on the first night. Expensive three course dinner, and the food did not taste good. The interior is nice, but it was cold inside.The guides get a lot of money to take you here, which the customer pays of course.

• Visited November 2011