“New Years Dinner”

Dar Roumana
Ranked #5 of 222 Restaurants in Fes
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An intimate dining experience in a beautiful setting, dinner at Dar Roumana's restaurant is a must-do for any visitor to Fes. Our talented French chef serves Mediterranean food with a Moroccan twist, and can be described as French/Moroccan 'fusion'. Changing daily, the dishes on the menu reflect the produce that's in season and bought fresh from the markets every day. Start with a drink on our roof terrace with spectacular views of the ancient medina of Fes, then dine in our courtyard restaurant. Decorated with colourful zellij tiling, carved cedar wood, a beautiful hand-painted bartal and intricate plaster, the restaurant is breathtakingly beautiful. In the winter, reserve a table for two next to our open fire, and in the summer be cooled by the splashing sound of the central fountain. Adding to the romantic setting is the attentive but discreet service. Allow us to transport you to a world of fine cuisine for the evening. We look forward to welcoming you to Dar Roumana. Reservations essential.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had New Years Eve dinner here and it was a truly a lovely evening. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, the restaurant beautifully decorated in a Moroccan sophisticated style with an inviting fire, heat lamps and soft elegant lighting. Vincent, the chef did not disappoint as the food was delicious and interesting and the service excellent. We highly recommend!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a charming restaurant, well decorated in traditional moroccan style. The atmosphere is excellent. Good food cooked by the gifted chef, Vincent. Fantastic!

1  Thank Chan1107
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Wonderful meal here on Christmas Eve. The riad is beautiful, service impeccable and food exceptional. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I was expecting a Marrocan and French fusion but it's more a French good cuisine.
The setting is really nice and they have good service.
The Riad is charming and well decorated.
Even if is worth to go we think it's overpriced.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I cannot belive how amazing this restaurant was. It actually renders me speachless. I hope that I can actually mabye write some of my gratitude to this great place.

Upon arrival, we went through the entrance hall into an amazingly beautiful dining hall, with gorgeous wooden carvings, ceramic mosaics and a cute little fountain in the centre. We then sat down and ordered our food (I had the salmon main course and the dark chocolate tart dessert), which was unbelievable!

I must admit that the price was quite expensive, but compared to most of the restaurants we had experienced so far, the price was certainly worth it!

Do yourself a favour: ignore the bill and head on over to Dar Roumana. I don't think you'll regret it for a second :D