“Authentic home cooked Moroccan cuisine”
Review of Restaurant Zohra - CLOSED

Restaurant Zohra
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We are twice at this very friendly family-run restaurant. The chicken almond tagine and the lamb kebab dishes are excellent. Mohamed, the son, picked us up from our riad and sent us back on both occasions. We enjoyed our conversations with him very much - a real insight into Moroccan life.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I absolutely loved the food here. I got the Moroccan salads to begin (tomato dish, eggplant dish, and beans), which were all excellent, and then the chicken tajine with almonds that was perfectly cooked and so delicious. The pastries and fruit were nothing special, but by the time I got to that point, I was stuffed anyways! All of this for only 100 dirhams -- a great deal. I've lived in Morocco for many months now, and I have to say this is one of the best traditional meals I've had here. The owners/staff were also very nice -- mom and pop and son. They will pick you up from your riad if you'd like even -- which I did and it worked out great. Yes, the place is not fancy and doesn't serve alcohol, but it's cozy and a great place to unwind after walking around Fes all day!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Best food we have had in Morocco at a very reasonable price. 80 dirrham for the menu, which consisted of salad and several vegetable dishes, main course, fresh fruit and sweets, with water to drink. More food than we could eat. While the menu offers only the standard Morocco dishes, the quality is way better than anywhere else we ate at that price. Plus a really beautiful old building and good service.
Only problem is finding the place. Go along the street that leads past the tanneries heading south to north. A few hundred metres after you pass the tanneries it is in a lane on the left with a sign high up saying Restaurant Tipico Zhora. Not difficult and worth the effort.

2  Thank MacWuff
Reviewed January 13, 2013

good place - fair prices, good service, nice decoration. I would recommend trying it, however the best food is o be fond int he streets of the Medina

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Every review has it's hidden context, so I should say that this is the first restaurant we have eaten at in Fes and maybe when we know more we'll think this was above average or below average. I do know I've eaten better Moroccan food than this outside of Morocco. Getting to the restaurant was charming, as you work your way through winding alleys (led by someone from the restaurant) and finding your way back to your accommodation is another story again. We were the only ones eating lunch there at 2 in the afternoon. The food was fine, nothing special or refined, but nothing horrible either. We all had the menu, for 80 MAD, which included soup or salad, a main dish, fruit and a sweet. The meat in the main dishes was tender and the servings a good size. They gave us a lot of fruit. Service was fine.