$125
$81
$150
$114
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$257
$250
  • Pool
Riad Layalina Fez(Fes)
$83
$166
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $324/night.

• Pool
Hotels.com
All reviewsjean claudesaffron suiterooftop terracethe ownerspecial placewe've stayeda wonderful place to staytrain stationfeel at homeold citysimovanillemedinamoroccotaxihearttouts
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Had a wonderful stay at this Riad in October. Jean Claude and Rachida met us during our late arrival with the usual tea and snacks. Dinner was special ordered due to some of my allergies and Rachida prepared the tagine with all my requested ingredients - great meal.
Next morning JC arranged a 1/2 day tour of Fez with Fettah and it was excellent with the time retraints we imposed on him - we said no shopping and he was happy to comply with our request. They need to provide a better map for their riad guests to help in finding one's way around Fez and back to the riad.
Simo was extremely helpful to me and my brother during our entire stay - helped move luggage to and from Place Rcif and riad and provided essential logistical and tourist information. Price was right and would recommend this Riad for its location, courteous treatment, excellent accomodations and helpful staff. Great visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank marcape
Reviewed November 3, 2011

As requested I was met at the rail station, taken by taxi to the main square where Jean-Claude was waiting for me ready to accompany me to his Riad which I had chosen from Trip Advisor reviews. In the midst of the bustle and chaos of the medina, Jean-Claude, a first rate host, has created a wonderful, elegant, comfortable and tranquil guest house. A refreshing welcoming glass of mint tea, a climb to the panoramic rooftop terrace with big views over the medina rooftops, before descending to the Saffron room, mine for the night. Dinner was good and home cooked clearly using ingredients fresh from the market. There is wifi that works! The following morning with unnerving accuracy Simo pointed me to the section of the myriad of medina streets to allow me to do last minute shopping, before the taxi (arranged by the riad) took me comfortably to the airport. A thoroughly agreeable stay, Thanks to Jean-Claude and his enthusiastic team, I happily recommend Riad Laayoun to any discerning traveller

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I can't really add anything more to the reviews already written about the Riad Laayoun, it really is an amazing place. Fes is up there with the best travel experiences I've had and I can't think of a nicer place to head back to after a long day of wandering around the alleys and haggling over a pair of pointy slippers.

Jean-Claude is a great man, from the photos in the hallway that capture the renovation of this Riad to what it is today, you can see a lot of hard work and passion has gone into this place and he deserves all the praise he is receiving... the Trip Advisor 2011 award plaque hangs proudly in the courtyard.

The Riad is amazing in itself, but for me the thing that made this stay extra special was Jean-Claude and his team. Simo gave us so much advice which not only helped us in Fes, but for the rest of our trip around Morocco. Rachida's cooking is amazing, one of the comments in the guestbook says it's the best in Morocco... I find it hard to disagree.

The thing that really topped it off was when Simo arranged a beautiful birthday meal for my girlfriend complete with flowers and a gift, I found it very hard to leave this place. It wasn't just a place to stay, but for a short time it felt like home.

Jean-Claude, Simo & Rachida... you are fantastic people!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank markosg
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This Riad is just amazing! The building and rooms are well presented and offer a great retreat from the Medina!
Would definitely recommend the food, and dinner at least one night is a must! The roof terrace is great to unwind on and talk away the days events.
As well as an authentic way of living, one of the best attributes is the staff. Jean Claude and Simon were just brilliant! From picking us up from the taxi to the daily interactions to see where we were going, they would always recommend places and most importantly help us with the routes to get there! This stay made our trip. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My daughter and I spent two nights at Riad Laayoun in September... I chose the Riad from TripAdvisor comments and we were very pleased with our experience! I can't say enough about the helpfulness of Simo, the absolutely wonderful food prepared by Rachida, and the overall enthusiasm of Jean-Claude. We ate dinner at the Riad both nights in Fez - if you stay, don't miss the chance for Rachida's excellent meals! Simo helped us with maps and suggestions for our day in the medina, and made certain that we could find our way back to the Riad and could connect at any time by phone. Our room was comfortable and clean and the Riad itself is lovely... the roof terrace was a wonderful place to begin the day with breakfast and end the day relaxing while looking out over Fez. I would recommend Riad Laayoun for it's excellent food, clean and comfortable rooms, but most of all for the owner and his staff - it really did feel like coming home every time we came through the door... thank you again Jean-Claude, Simo, and Rachida for a memorable trip to Fez!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family