“You are treated like family, my favorite Riad in Morocco”
Review of Riad el Amine Fes

Riad el Amine Fes
Ranked #68 of 221 Fes B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have stayed here twice, and was just back after a four day 94km marathon in the Atlas mountains. Abd al Qadir and the entire staff are so wonderful- they really treat you like family. The hammam and massage services are fantastic, they arrange tours in Fez if you want, and the dinners that they prepare on site are delicious (we were allowed to bring our wine in, but we also ordered some from the riad as well). There is a small pool inside that is great to sit next to (or swim) while sipping a glass of wine. Beautiful decor, free wireless internet and very comfortable beds and high quality sheets and pillows.

Room Tip: wi-fi access is best in the courtyard across from the pool- so you might want a room on that side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank catatonia_10

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a dream house. I am from Morocco and had over 50 guests from all over the world attending my wedding. I decided to put up my 14 american friends in the Riad El Amine Fes. Others were scattered between hotels and other riads. Well I will tell you one thing, I just wish the riad Amine had more rooms to accommodate everyone. My friends who stayed there had the best experience and food of all my friends (the food is just perfection). Kader, "THE" man of the house is just AMAZING, caring about your every need, speaks so many languages that I lost track of it, helpful and according to my friends, one hell of a Fassi gentleman. Now for the accommodations, I stayed there on my wedding night and the room was beyond gorgeous, it was luxury all the way. I think for the amenities offered in this riad (and I have stayed in many all over Morocco), the price is very, very competitive. Finally, after having all these exceptional reviews from my friends, we decided to have our dinner party there with close friends and the staff was just OUTStANDING. Moreover, it's location is key as you get the best of both worlds: in the medina but not prisoner of the medina crowds and close to all the modern restaurants in the new town. The street is so quite it really is a breath of fresh air in the often overcrowded medina streets. Finally if you care about artisans and their crafts you will be pleased to know that Riad Amine, as opposed to other riads kept by europeans and moroccans alike, is not made of cheap draperies for an "ali baba " look, everything was hand made in the purest moroccan traditions, thus helping to keep artisans well alive. We need more like Riad Amine Fes in Morocco and if you come to Fes, Riad Amine is a must.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank assima
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great staff, lovely Riad however the basics have been forgotten about

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2011

This was our second time in this hotel and we will come back again, because it is great. Excellent staff, ambient and food!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tomas2011
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Great moments at the most chame place we never seen.tks to all the freindly sttaf&special one to haj the director.he was so helpful to us.the castle is recommended to all my freinds

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Susanholden
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This riad is lovely, well located to the Medina. Very helpful staff. Welcome retreat from the pressures of exploring the Medina. For those of you going to hire a guide for the Medina, be ware that most of them have a set itinerary and seem to want you to visit their friends/acquaintances shop. Had a very expensive, average lunch in a restaurant in the medina, appeared to me mostly guides and their customers Say no to lunch, or inquire first. It cost me 45 Euros for cous cous. Let guide know what you are not interested in seeing or shopping for or you will spend time haggling with a carpet merchant for a carpet that you have no interest in.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SashaChloe
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We arrived after a 4 day tour and an emotional farewell with our guide; the manager, Haj, immediately upset our youngest son by belittling him for his attachment to our Berber friend...what a rascist! We were pressurised into a very expensive meal and once it became apparent that we weren't going to spend out on meals and hammam at the riad we were ignored, treated to further rascist remarks and nearly ripped off for 2k dirham! Haj arranged a fake guide who shlepped up around the Medina in figures-of-8 and too many shops; the cleaners actually fought on two separate occasions; the showers were tepid and the air con in the boys' room was broken (although miraculously fixed for 2 rich Italian ladies once they'd cleared the kids out)...suffice to say the place is very beautiful, what luxury like this comes at a price I'm not willing to pay again. We felt trapped, unwelcome and swindled, Haj ought to be thoroughly ashamed of himself, as, thanks to him and his crappy mate Abdul, we will not be returning to Fez and will warn our friends what an unfriendly place this is.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family