“On balance, worth a once.”
Review of Dar Batha

Dar Batha
Ranked #154 of 209 Restaurants in Fes
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Riad Dar Batha Fes is a wonderful restaurant in Fes medina
Vancouver, Canada
“On balance, worth a once.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our first meal in Morocco so I don't have a good reference point.

The dining room itself is wonderful and the soloist made for a very nice ambiance. The service was good and the pace, leisurely -- we never felt like they were in a hurry to turn the table.

The food was quite good, although not as flavourful as I expected. I thought the salad course was the best. It fell down a bit on the Tagine -- but still good.

• Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most awful restaurant in Morocco!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Me and my husband went this restaurant as the owner of the riad where we stayed recommended it. However, it was just a tourists trap! The price was really expensive (200dh~250dh per person), the taste was the worst and the staffs required the service charge! Thus, I gave them 10dh (I even thought it was too much considering their awful dishes and unimpressive service), then the staff who received it hardened his face. It was an unpleasant experience. NEVER GO TO THIS RESTAURANT!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank yeony102
Santa Monica, California
“Not worth the money or the calories”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The most mediocre food we had in Morocco on our trip. It's a tourist trap whose only redeeming quality is that it is in a beautiful setting. Don't eat here...instead just walk in, take a look around, snap a picture and go elsewhere. We had a MUCH better meal at the Riad Salam Fes down the street...try that one instead.

• Visited April 2013
“Great venue, poor food”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My wife, our 11 month daughter and I, went to Dar Batha, as it was recommended by our medina guide. Now we understand that he probably got commission. 200 - 250 dh for poorly prepared food was not our best choice on our trip to Fes.
The riyad is beautiful and there was live Moroccan music, great. But the food was tasteless and dry. I took the lamb and my wife the tangine kefta. The lamb was dry and didn't taste much, the tangine was ok, but where was the couscous?

2 Thank PetterWennerstrom
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Good Restaurant”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We visited this restaurant and thought it was a lovely restored building with lots of atmosphere. The food was good and plentiful. The service was good but we were almost the only people in the restaurant.

• Visited November 2011