“One of the best things to do in Casablanca”
Review of Rick's Cafe

Rick's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 827 Restaurants in Casablanca
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rick's Cafe Casablanca is a restaurant, bar and cafe located in the city of Casablanca, Morocco. Opened March 1, 2004, the place was designed to recreate the bar made famous by Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in the movie classic Casablanca. Set in an old courtyard-style mansion built against the walls of the Old Medina of Casablanca, the restaurant - piano bar is filled with architectural and decorative details reminiscent of the film: curved arches, a sculpted bar, balconies, balustrades as well as beaded and stencilled brass lighting and plants that cast luminous shadows on white walls. There is an authentic 1930's Pleyel piano and As Time Goes By is a common request to the in-house pianist
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of the best things to do in Casablanca”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is not a great experience because it mimics the movie, its a great experience because it has great food and great ambience--in many ways is much more "authentic" than the movie set. This is not a tourist trap and you have to reserve, dress appropriately, and pay quite dearly, but its worth it. Casablanca is no longer much fun for tourists because of traffic, pollution, and lack of things to do, but this along with visiting the mosque is one of the two best things to do in Casa.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Notts
“Understated Elegance - a wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I think I must have been to a different 'Rick's Café' to the negative reviewers on here - I can only say this is one of the best evenings I have ever had. No - it wasn't the very best meal I've eaten but it was lovely. What made this place was the fabulous atmosphere and the stunning lighting. We asked our hotel to make us a reservation but they failed to do so - however when we turned up they found us a table. Ok the waiters were busy - it was full! Cocktails delicious, wine choice extensive and reasonable, piano player predictable but so what? I smiled from start to finish - if you visit Casablanca this is a must!!

• Visited May 2013
Campbell, California
“Superb Food and Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

There was no way we were going to visit Casablanca and not check out Rick's Cafe--even if it is cashing in on the celebrity of a 60-year old film classic. I kind of expected something a bit more Disney-esque and "touristy", self-consciously (and unsuccessfully) emulating the atmosphere of the movie. We found none of that. It's simply a fine dining restaurant that took the movie as the starting point for its design. The menu includes both western and Moroccan choices (my wife had a fillet, I had a lamb shank tanjine--the best I encountered in Morocco). The service was attentive without being annoying, and we were served quickly. A little pricy by Moroccan standards, but not out of line for American restaurant pricing. Highly recommended!!

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Excellent Service, Great Meal, Wonderful Ambiance”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I expected subpar food and a bit of tackiness from a restaurant cashing in on the classic movie but this was none of that. This restaurant was classy, beautifully decorated, excellent staff and the food was very good!
Cocktails start at 80drm, starters are around 60-150, entrees at around 130-150drm, desserts at 50 so it's expensive by Morocco's standards but worth the splurge.
All of the food was excellent except for dessert. I had Rick's cheesecake and I found it to be a little too sweet but still enjoyable. We had the T-bone steak with potatoes, the lamb with prunes (best lamb I've had), the winter salad with pear along with drinks. Gratuity is added to the bill automatically.
I wish we could return for another meal, like the Sunday all you can eat brunch for 150drm, but we leave tomorrow.
This is our 3rd city in Morocco and this has been the best dinner we've had in all of Morocco!
Excellent experience.

• Visited June 2013
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Well worth it!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was a little worried that Rick's would be a typical tourist trap but everything about it was wonderful! The owner personally greets diners and supervises each plate as it goes on the table. Food was great - a mix of French & Moroccan, with the freshest of everything. Staff were attentive without being intrusive, they even gave the wine a chance to breath before pouring. Pricewise it comes in around 45 euro per person for two courses with wine. The Riad itself is also beautiful.

Visited May 2013