“great hotel, i recomend”
Review of Farah Casablanca

Farah Casablanca
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Casablanca
Felgueiras, Porto, Portugal
“great hotel, i recomend”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

:t was a nice place to spend my two nights in casablanca, close to city center in one of the main avenues, a tipical marroco market with lot of souvenirs to choose from is close by and if you wanna you can also visit more of the city by using the surface metro also 100mts away from the hotel, in
General i was very happy with all aspects of this hotel, confort, location and staff 5stars

Room Tip: Higher floors are preferable, lots of trafic close by and may disturb your sleep on lower level room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stayed in better hotels than this. Breakfast was not that good except for the pastries. Room was comfortable except for the peak hours when there were traffic jams. Constant horning which can be irritating if you want a sleep-in. No coffee making facilities.

Room was really beautiful. That was all there is to it.

Indoor pool had lights all off which was a downer as I was looking forward to swimming for a change.

Hotel was quite near the souk. Nothing much there and cannot beat the souks in Marrakech. Food in the area was delicious. Better to eat there than in the hotel.

Room Tip: High floor for a beautiful view of the sunrise and sunset.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have stayed in Golden Tulip Casa for a business trip. I have arrived at the hotel at around 11 pm and the ladies in the reception were even not looking at my face when I arrived. First, they gave me a room on the road side. The moment I entered the room, it was very noisy and I asked them to change and they changed it to another room. In the new room there was no soap in the bathroom and no water in the minibar at all. Can you believe it? The rooms are very cold, although it is winter there is no heater. I asked for one and they brought. The restaurants are not clean enough and they are running out of food during busy days. It is a total disappointment that smoking is allowed everywhere so be prepared for it. The meeting room that we were in was very cold as well and there was no solution to it. If you have a chance to select another hotel, do so.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Casablanca hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The room is clean and well decorated (more of business style). The main problem was the air conditioning that expelled a bad smell when turned on (on winter this is not a problem). The breakfast was good, with many options. The staff was helpful. I do recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel was quite impressive and the rooms very well appointed, clean and comfortable. The food in the dining room was satisfactory but no attempt was really made to keep the hots, hot or refill the empty dishes quickly.

Room Tip: The higher the better, just because it improves your chances of a good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sheila020
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here one night at the beginning and one night at the end of my tour of Morocco. The room was comfortable and attractive with reasonable amenities, though nothing to distinguish it from nice hotel rooms everywhere. There my favorable comments end! The lock on my door was faulty. Once inside, I had great difficulty getting out of the room and finally passed a key under the door to my friend in the hall to get the door opened from the outside. On both occasions, service at the reception desk was cold bordering on rude and certainly unhelpful. For example, the bellman who brought my luggage in put it off to the side somewhere and the reception desk made no effort to connect my luggage, room, and me. I had to seek out the bellman and arrange for him to deliver my luggage. The man who checked me in and out never smiled or welcomed me or gave me any sense that my business was appreciated and gave me no information during the process to explain the protocol. The only bottled water in my room was in the mini-bar; there was no price list and only on checkout did I learn that the price was 4 times what I paid for water at any other site in Morocco, including hotels and restaurants, and also including the hotel's restaurant. There was no service in the restaurant. I mean it! None! The first night at dinner, I stood around waiting for someone to give me a table, but it never happened, though waiters were standing around gossiping with each other through the whole meal. I sat down at a table and waited for someone to bring me water and a menu or invite me to the buffet. That never happened. I served myself at the buffet and finally went up to a waiter and asked him to get some water. He acted put out and brought it toward the end of the meal. When I was ready to leave, no one brought a bill, though I waited a long time. My dinner was included in my tour price, so finally I just left and nobody seemed to care. Repeat performance at the other dinner, though the one element of service was that a person did take my room number. At both breakfasts, waiters talked with each other and other staff again without providing any service. No clean coffee cups were put out with new table settings after guests left or at the coffee station. My companion asked for a cup that never came. She got up and borrowed one from another table, only to find that one coffee container had cold coffee and the other had coffee that was more like slightly colored water. The first afternoon I wanted to have my nails polished. The spa menu in the room listed this as one of the offerings. I called for an appointment and was told by a rude woman that they don't do that. In the middle of my trying to explain that the spa menu listed it, she hung up on me. After all the charming and beautiful dars and riads and hotels and wonderful service in other parts of Morocco, what a disappointment this hotel was.

Room Tip: Just be sure the door locks function correctly.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very nice upclass hotel. Modern African hotel, international standards with a local twist. Room are accomodated for both the business traveller and the tourist although none of the two do disturb eachother. Spa is marvelous and breakfast the way it has to be. Good price/quality ratio.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business