“Should I laugh or cry?”
Review of Farah Casablanca

Farah Casablanca
Ranked #56 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Some excerpts: when we arrive there are no small towels and only one big, which looks like it´s been used as toilet paper for someone doing number two. Then: in the not-so-cosy breakfast room (spelled breackfast) I ask I waiter to please clean the table where we want to sit. He looks at me bewildered, sways a cloth a few times over the crumbles, looks at the splashes of jam on the table and then takes the placemats and put over the sticky stuff. Not being able to cover it all though. Next one: we go to check out the SPA. The women in the reception initially doesn´t see us and continues to pick her nose until she finally notices and pulls her finger out. And: when there is extremely loud music at midnight we call the reception and ask what´s going on, They say it´s outside of the hotel but when we go down to check it´s not, it´s a party by the pool. When we (finally) check out we ask for the receptionist for someone to get our luggage, They say yes. When it does´t arrive we ask if someone was sent and they say yes. The same thing happens again after another seven minutes. When we finally contact the porters directly they´ve had no request to fetch our luggage. I could go on but it´s faster to summarize: to be avoided. Which is a shame because the space is quite elegant. Like someone hired a bunch of excellent french interior designers and then left the management to some people found on the sidewalk. I´m positive they don´t even care about the reviews on Tripadvisor...
Last but not least: most rooms are very noisy thanks to the traffic, and there are no wifi in the rooms and no cables for Mac, only PC.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Hotel is located very well, good size and well-equipped rooms.
Staff is quite friendly but communication, in both English and French, is not very easy.
Requests are not understood, so things arrive early, late or not at all and you have to ask twice.

Room Tip: Higher floors because hotel is located on main street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Expatcouple2005
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The rooms were nice and reasonable priced. They had a great selection of restaurants and amenities at the hotel (although everything was EXTREMELY overpriced, more so than I had seen anywhere else in the world...). There's a great spread for breakfast, as well. On the downside, the hotel is located fairly far from anything of interest in Casablanca. Unless you're willing to walk an hour or more, you have to take a taxi, which will usually rip you off. The worst part of the stay was the staff. Completely unprofessional and rude on all accounts. They were unable to answer simple questions and even though an early arrival for my party had been arranged via email, they wanted us to sit in the lobby for 6 HOURS to wait for our room. Also, beware of taking a taxi to the airport and travel by train if at all possible. The hotel cuts a deal with the taxi drivers, so when you're halfway to the airport they suddenly change the price on you to almost double what was agreed upon before leaving the hotel. I would not stay here again if given the option.. there are most likely wonderful, locally owned riads and other accommodations for much cheaper and much better services.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed for business in this hotel and I was highly disappointed.
While the location, the amenities and the grooming of the hotel is excellent I have to say that the staff lack of professionally and I could feel it was management problem.
I stayed 2 nights and I experienced the following:
- apart from reception nobody spoke English so it was difficult to communicate
- the mini bar was empty and I waited 30 mins to get a bottle of water from the room service (which by the way speaks no English)
- the room service I ordered a salad without vinaigrette and I specified it many times, and I got salad with vinaigrette
- the pool staff was not prepared: I went to the pool and I asked a towel and they said go to your room to collect yours because we do not provide them. I went upstairs and I came back and they said "you can use the pool, but it's too cold"

On the top of this the hotel was nice.
Next time in Casablanca I will try other hotel to compare...

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank ThuyMilan
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have stayed in Farah Casablanca for four nights, have faced no problem except for being in a room that gives you the impression you are sleeping on the street since the hotel is on a main street. Ask for a higher floor room , I was on the 6th floor but still could not sleep properly. Being my first time in Casablanca I was very happy for the overall outcome of the hotel and stay and would definetely come back. Two tips : Do not exchange money on the exchange counters next to the bags delivery area, wait until you pass through customs where you can have a better rate, I exchanged USD for 7.98 MAD in the bags delivery area, 8,23 MAD on the outside still in the airport and 8,45 MAD at the city. Another tip, on the free shop, while leaving Casablanca, they do not accept dirhams, make sure you exchange it before . Taxi from Airport to major hotels in Casablanca charge 250 MAD , while the red taxis cost is very low , eventhough very old , but you can move around with them easily.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2012

If you have spent some days at a beautiful Riad in another Moroccan town than Casablanca, this hotel comes as quite a shock to you, with its very small rooms and rather poor amenities. However I have made the experience that everything works, from a nice welcome at the reception to fast lifts and a very generous breakfast buffet. I mentioned that my TV did not work and somebody came up and fixed it within minutes. There is also a beautiful entrance hall with lots of space where you can sit or meet, the rooms are clean and the beds are good, the hot water comes instantaneously etc. So what if the view out of the hotel window on a very dreary Casablanca (even in the sun) is not very inspiring, give the hotel the credit that it deserves. For lack of having heard of any great hotel in Casablanca, I shall return to this one next year.

Room Tip: To avoid traffic noise, choose a room at the back of the hotel, overlooking the roof of the swimming...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank blacklab
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have stayed here many times and last reviewed the hotel in 2010. I have been here for a week now on business, and wanted to update my last review. I still find the hotel quite nice for the price paid. I have learned that most of the time in Morocco (and I have lived here now for eight years) you need to deduct a star from what is advertised.
This hotel is clean and well located. It has good service, underground parking, and a nice indoor pool on the third floor. Room service is, as in all the hotels in Morocco, over priced. The menu here is limited and the food is adequate at best. I would comment that the breakfast chef cooks his eggs better than any other hotel in Morocco (and believe me I have had eggs in most of them). They are always cooked exactly as ordered and not overcooked and brown as is often the case in Morocco.
The room is well lit and comfortable. The bed a little hard and the pillows barely acceptable (unless you like them also hard). The small flat screen TV is mounted on the wall and is about the minimum size you would want in a hotel.
Maid service is good and the room was always well cleaned. A small tip to the maid is always appreciated.
There are some good value hotels in downtown Casablanca, and this is one of them.

Room Tip: I like a room higher up in the hotel and I always ask for one large bed rather than two small ones.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business