“Worst Hotel Service ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Business Hotel

Business Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Rue Jenner | Bd Abdelmoumen; Siege Social, Casablanca, Morocco   |
Ranked #65 of 74 Hotels in Casablanca
Warsaw
“Worst Hotel Service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

When I arrived in the Hotel - it came out that am moved to a different one (10 minutes by car from the location) that was much lower quality than expected. I won't mention am a woman, and nobody cared it's 9PM in pretty dangerous area in Casablanca and I was asked to move on my own there.The interesting thing was that the Reception couldn't as well provide me the address of a new Hotel - only name.

I was supposed to still pay anyway at Business Hotel the whole price - they didn't apologize, didn't gave back the additional expenses coverage ( I had to pay for the taxis to get to the office by the move) - NOTHING - the lady even negotiated I need to pay more for the breakfast. The credit payment wasn't working so the reception lady send me to the ATM for cash (9pm). Then had to wait another 20 minutes to get the correct invoice.

And one more interesting thing - if you check out from the hotel earlier - you still need to pay the full price of the next night - first time happened in my life, really. Yes,I have lost 1 hour to get the money back, because in order to move to the other hotel I had to pay upfront. The manager is not available in his working hours at the place, so extremely unpleasant Reception Girl was only repeating, I am not getting my money back, and I cannot contact the manager ( apparently his number is restricted for customers). Finally after extremely bad conversation with her I have received not full amount back (with a comment I should be happy I am receiving anything back, because this is exceptions)

I stayed in this hotels couple of times, yes the rooms are fine, concierges are nice, internet is acceptable - but the situation that happened to me today crossed this all out by very bad service and no willingness to help by anybody from there.

There are better hotels to stay in similar price there. Believe me....

Room Tip: Really, nothing is worth the stress you need to go with those people...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank andraxa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The only good that this hotel have is that is clean.
It is nearly imposible to communicate in english.
For the breakfast i would rather not even comment. Just that if you like a coffee at morning look for it somewhere else because its not provided in the hotel.
Tip. If you want a taxi dont ask for one from the woman on the reception wait until she is replaced and ask someone else. She will ask for about 50% more than you should pay.
And irrespective of this hotel if you dont have a business to do in casablanca dont visit the city its not worth it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ansiam
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Casablanca Hotels are at best difficult to understand and at worst misrepresentative in their web pages. Far too often they simply lie about their facilities and attractions, so always best to get input from someone who has been there.

At least the Business Hotel actually is what they say it is. The location is pretty central and close to Boulevard d'anfa (15 mins walk), which is where you will find many of the top restaurants and shops in Casablanca. The Hotel offers clean and functional rooms with free internet access in the rooms and Wi Fi in the public areas. Though small, the Hotel has everything that one needs for a functional business stay. One good thing is that the Hotel is fairly quiet, which is not normal in the centre of town. There is a restaurant which serves reasonable food, but I prefer to walk around and find alternative places to eat. There are some fantastic restaurants within walking distance and the Hotel reception are always happy to give recommendations and arrange a Taxi if needed. In fact for Casablanca, the staff are really extremely helpful and pleasant.

All in all, I would certainly recommend this Hotel as it is good value for what you get. I have stayed here several times and believe that it it the best value in Casablanca.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank James05061957
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Ok it's quite cheap. We booked this hotel because we just had to stay one more night in transit from Marrakech to Dubai. So I chose this one because it seemed to be the one offering the most value and the rooms looked clean from the pictures.

When we arrived at the lobby, it looked quite okay but from the moment we stepped in the lift, it was noticeable that the place is stinking from cigarette and molds. The rooms are the same. We requested for a queen size bed but we were give two twin beds joined together. The overthrow looked like it's in dire need of washing. I'm just thankful that we can open the windows because we really can't stand the smell! The toilet and bath was clean although some of the pipes that are visible are rusting already.

It might have been a nice and clean hotel at one point but I guess lack of maintenance has resulted its current state.

We're just thankful that the bell boy/concierge/room attendant (this might be the reason why it's so poorly maintained --- they're cutting back on maintenance staff) was so accommodating that he gave us an air freshener.

It's a good thing we only stayed in the hotel for 14 hours, 5 hours of which we stayed outside.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Matthew4971

Travelers are raving about these Casablanca hotels

Tamworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed three night with friends in March 2011. Rooms are well sized, fairly modern and clean. The location of the hotel was a little out of the main action areas so was always a cab ride away from any sight seeing or nightlife. Free Wi-fi, though strangely did not extend into my room.... Staff were generally polite and helpful, though problems were experienced when leaving and paying city taxes. Was charged double the correct rate on check out, a fact which only came to light due to comparing with a friend who had left earlier. This was resolved by the hotel after complaining along, but my gut feeling was that I had been part of a little scam.....

Adequate hotel overall. I would stay here again but there a probably better options for a similar price in a better location.

• Stayed March 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I stayed there three nights. The rooms are new and are clean. The location is good and it is easy to find a taxi.
I would rate it as a 3 star definitely not 4, I was at the 9th floor and sometines there was no water.

The personnel is what I did not like at all, they definitely need a course of customer service

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank salvatore79
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

A colleague and I reserved two rooms and when we arrived late in the evening we had to share and took it as a genuine mistake by the hotel the assured us two rooms would be given the following night as we left for our customer that morning
When we returned they had not produced the second room
We then moved hotel and they wanted to charge us for two rooms from the previous night when we were checking out
My lesson stick with a hotel brand my experience of a local hotel in casa has been poor come on guys you could have managed this better

• Stayed October 2010