“OK”

Novotel Casablanca City Center
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Only stayed one night B&B but seemed pretty reasonable if unexciting. Room and en-suite were fine although not large, and had hot drink making facility and fridge. Breakfast was reasonable if not great, and was well organised.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

As a standart chain, Novotel has a standart here in Casa as well.
Staff are very friendly and kind, rooms are OK, breakfast is also standart.
Location is very close to historical Medina, main train station and famous Rick's Cafe.

Room Tip: Choose top floors for sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank firstmoon3142
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The novotel is your standard hotel all around the world, except here it was not up to it's usual standards. The carpet was old and badly stained giving the room a shabby appearance. Time for a
refit. Staff looked bored and were unfriendly.
On the plus side, the WiFi was good, even though you have to log in again every 12 hours, it's still free. Also handy to have a refrigerator in the room. It's also in a good location near the railway and the old market.
Next time I would spend a bit more and stay at the more expensive hotel next door.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team, and I hope to welcome you home again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I often go to Casablanca and the Casa city center area is super well located with the train station just behind teh hotel building, the madina further down accross the street. It was my first stay at the Novotel and I had used the Accor card I had without expecting much. I ended up getting a room on one of the top floors and fruits and moroccan sweets.
Check in was a breeze, Internet was very good, linen superb.
Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the last hotel on our tour, and what a way to end it with a very nice hotel. Room was big, linens were clean and the bed, comfortable. It is right in the heart of the city and is a short walk to shops, cafés and restaurants. Front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. The hotel's restaurant had great food!!!
Will definitely stay here again if I come back to Casablanca!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank c c

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice clean rooms, helpful staff, very good breakfast, and great location. Nice view to the Hassan II Mosque. Good resturants around te hotel. You can stay here. We srayed here with Gate1. Rooms are a bit small though, but clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: As for a room with the view of the Hassan II mosque.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The Novotel Casa City Centre is just a calamity of errors and short-fallings and is not worthy of a 4* establishment.

The reception and bar area give off the look of a 4* establishment but the service and attitude of the staff is woefully poor and the whole set-up is embarrassing.

Staying in September 2013 with a friend - only 1 of us could have a room as there was not enough room for 2 due to a conference delegation staying.

Check in was generally awkward. The staff did not even raise a smile and were flat-out rude and unwelcoming.

My friend was offered a place in the Ibis next-door but we wanted to stay together. I have never heard in my whole lifetime of travelling of treatment like this. They had no other choice than to choose the substandard Ibis with no apology or reimbursement (the Ibis is much cheaper)... Just painstakingly poor service.

The previous review about confirmed reservations meaning nothing is 100% correct.

I have lodged several complaints to Accor about this. I am not one to complain but this was too far.

So my stay was for 4 nights. The first night, I was given a disabled/handicap suitable room. I had great difficulty using the shower and luckily they changed my room the next day.

My next room was full of smoke-smell despite my plea for a non smoking room. The mini bar was luke warm (not working), the safe was faulty but just manageable (very frustrating) and no complimentary bottled water was there.

My room was not serviced on the first day despite several requests.

The hotel is just a shambles. No organisation or management structure.

Stay here at your peril. You will regret it. The chances are you will experience the many short-falls that I did.

In fact - it's likely that you'll turn up at the hotel and they'll tell you there is no room or your reservation was not confirmed (despite booking directly) - if you're naive enough to stay here.

See my previous review for the Sofitel next door. There's a world of difference between the two establishments.

N.B. I wonder if my review will get the same automated response in terrible English from the 'manager' as all other reviews do...

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank rko21
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I have taken note of your comments regarding all the issues you have mentioned and would like to express my sincerest apologies, kindly Know that i will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope this incident will not leave you with a bad impression of the Novotel Casa City Center and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and please accept our sincerest apologies

Best Regards.