“Good quality hotel for staying at Casablanca”

Novotel Casablanca City Center
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in Casablanca
Finland
“Good quality hotel for staying at Casablanca”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hotel is basicly situated in same building as Ibis and Sofitel hotels.
So you have choice from affordable to expensive stay 
Novotel is in middle.
Rooms are quite large and new or recently refurbished.
During Ramadan hotel restaurant had bufee at evenings with local food and (terrible) music, so most of western customers went to have their beers and food in Ibis or other restaurants. Breakfast was ok, but could be better.

Hotel is situated at center, but surroundings are not very welcoming. Dirty, disorganized and some beggars hanging at nearby.
Would not come here for vacation, although hotel and service are good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your feed back!

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Its a business hotel. Location OK but I guess the ibis next door would have done the same. Don't be surprised if they ask you for a deposit...

Room could be cleaner, staff friendlier, overall I think this could be rated as a 3 star hotel

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I have taken note of your comments regarding all the issues you have mentioned and would like to express my sincerest apologies, kindly Know that i will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and please accept our sincerest apologies

Best Regards.

Travelers are raving about these Casablanca hotels

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

That was our second Trip to beautiful Casablanca and my wife and me stayed there for a couple of Days during visiting some Friends near there and this hotel was a good Choice. normal Standard (as ususally in those Hotels from that Company) - so do not expect something special, but you can expect that all is good and clean. Very friendly Staff at the Reception. They did also speak good english.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LazurandAzur
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

cooma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Dubai and found this hotel quite acceptable. Our room was a good size over looking the harbor. It was clean and modern, separate toilet, bed was comfortable. The man on front desk could not do enough for us as we had a transfer that failed to pick us up at airport.he rang around and sorted them out for return to airport.the only letdown was the breakfast.it was poor the hot food was cold and the cold food was hot plus plenty of flies on the food and lack of service pity otherwise not a bad hotel in a good position.

Room Tip: Ask for harbour view room and get to breakfast as early as possible before the hot for gets cold and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anthony s
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear,

Thank you very much indeed for having taken the time to write your opinion in Tripadvisor and to express your satisfaction following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I wish to assure you that I have taken the appropriate actions to make sure that no other guests experience those types of regretful.

I certainly would be very pleased to see you again on a next visit at Casablanca.

Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour group in July. This was probably one of my least favorite in Morocco. The room was pretty small, esp the bathroom. The TV didn't turn on but the AC worked well. It was clean and the breakfast was good. It's within walking distance to shopping. The taxi's outside are more expensive than the petite cabs down the street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The room was pretty nice and I liked the desk that rolls out from the wall. Bathroom was quite small (and had the toilet in a separate, windowless room by the room door); the doors to the bathroom are stable door style and the light switches and aircon controls were all hard to get at when the bathroom was even partially open (due to the location of the bed as well).

It was clean though and generally the hotel looked nice. It was quiet though, with not many guests when I was there – which was fine since the walls were not too thick and conversations were clear from other rooms. The view to the rear is of one of a workcamp as there are construction projects ongoing, so a front facing room would be best.

I had been told not to stay at the cheaper Ibis next door because it was a bit grubby, but when I was in there with a colleague staying there, it was lively, clean and had a nice atmosphere. The atmosphere in Novotel was a bit more, erm ,snooty or aloof, everything felt a little bit condescending and only a couple of the people had a more human touch while others seemed so focused on crisp politeness that they forgot to be helpful and approachable too.

As a place it was fine, nice big room but the cost for the room, for the food, for the breakfast was higher than I liked and generally the atmosphere was a bit aloof – I would stay here again but to be honest I’ll give the Ibis a try next time.

Room Tip: A front facing room will avoid the view of a breeze-block workcamp
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2013

Dubai, UAE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I often stay at the Novotel on business and it has never failed to meet my expectations. It seems very popular with business travellers. I have tried a few 4 and 5 star hotels in Casa before I concluded that Novotel offers excellent value for money. The location is very convenient with lots of restaurants and coffee shops near by. Breakfast sometimes is busy and they run out of things but overall Novotel is an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Worth paying a bit more for the view and the breakfast is worth the money.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013