“Novotel standards, good location”

Novotel Casablanca City Center
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotel is modern and fuctional as you would expect. Comfy bed, clean bathroom and drinks facilities in the room which for some reason I wasn't expecting, so quite a nice surprise. Location is quite good – fairly central and easy to get to both the train station and Hassan II mosque and the lovely old souk. Staff at Reception were nice. Breakfast is disappointing with only a very limited choice. Lobby was quite smoky, but that’s something you notice in Morocco as smoking is still allowed indoors. Eurgh. Luckily it is quite a big lobby so it’s possible to squash up against a wall away from the smokers!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your feed back!

Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Spent two nights in a Superior Room with view of the sea and Mosque. Lovely bright room, not huge but very adequate. Good bathroom with plenty of space and good towels. Tea and coffee in the room. Lovely breakfast and very pleasant staff. Costs about 50 MAD in a taxi from Casa Voyageurs and withing walking distance of the centre of town and the Mosque. Was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel, would definitely stay here again as was good value for money.

Room Tip: Superior rooms with a view are definitely worth the extra
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

it was our second trip to this novotel and we can say, that it is apretty good hotel - modern interiour and mostly friendly staff there. good location,just 10 minutes walk awayfrom casablanca center and tro the main shopping street. directlyin front of this hotel is the fishmarket and the cty train station (train to airport!!!). room wasoutfitted in the usual novotel design and we had a nice view from the room to the garden.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank benandcande
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night only as part of a tour. Arrived late and a platter of cold meats and fruit awaited in our room. Room had tea and coffee facilities and good bathroom. Breakfast delightful assortment of hot and cold foods. Very good would be happy to stay longer. Also had currency changing facilities and free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2013
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Here for an overnight stop. Pleasant room, good size hard bed. Excellent shower in the small bathroom. Breakfast standard large hotel fayre. Plated salad left for us in the room, since we were a late arrival bit dubious as we were not sure how long it had been in an unairconditiined room! Yogurts also but only one spoon between two! No milk on the tea/coffee tray. Clean and nice white towels.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Novotel Casablanca is a non-descript business hotel with decent parking. Since we weren’t planning on spending any real time in the city, just a quick overnight to catch a flight the next morning, I picked it based on its proximity to Rick’s Café. An easy 20 minute walk to the restaurant, the hotel turned out to be a good choice. Parking and the in-room wifi is free but we skipped the usual overpriced business hotel breakfast buffet, 150 per person. The room does have a water boiler and a selection of instant coffee and tea.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debndon
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is clean and nice - but designed by a dummy. The beds are too small, the hair dryer looks like a vacuum, the bathroom doors are too close to the bed, the tv is too tiny for the rooms, and the sink to the bathroom is too far of a distance (two separate rooms). Also, the hotel rips you off w/ the conversion rate.
The doormen are of no help when it comes to taxis (they find the most expensive guys who are looking to rip off tourists!)
Overall - I think there are better hotels in this city

Room Tip: make sure you at least get a room w/ a view of the water
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear,

Thank you very much indeed for having taken the time to write your opinion in Tripadvisor and to express your satisfaction following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I certainly would be very pleased to see you again on a next visit at Casablanca.

Please accept my sincere apologies.