Novotel Casablanca City Center Hotel
Pestana Casablanca(Casablanca)
$130
$124
Pestana Hotel Group
Art Palace & Spa(Casablanca)
$123
$112
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,370 results
All reviewstrain stationhassan iirick's cafecasa portbusiness triphigh floorcomfortable hotelmedinacomputersrabattaxisafrica
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. Standard Novotel look and furnishings that you would find in other cities, although a little tired looking in places. WiFi was free and of a good speed, which is a bonus and not very common anymore.

Stayed in a standard room with good views over the big mosque and port. The room was simple but clean. It had all the things you would expect...minibar, safe, tea/coffee, blackout curtains, iron and board. The toilet is shoehorned into a tiny little room separate from the rest of the bathroom; this might be an advantage if 2 are sharing the room. The shower was fine although it ran hot and cold at times (something I've experienced at other Novotel hotels). Good toiletry products provided but the towels had seen better days.

The food was rather poor. I ordered a burger in the bar/lounge on the ground floor. The bun was toasted rock hard and the beef patty was rare. The fries tasted like they had been over-fried in oil that had been used many times. I was only able to eat a few bites. I mentioned this to the waiter when he collected my almost untouched plate, but he just smiled and brought me the bill. Breakfast was marginally better. A good selection of breads, cold meats and pastries, but the warm food was terrible...cold sloppy scrambled egg and a couple weird looking sausages.

The gym is small with 4 cardio and a couple weight machines. It is clean and the machines are modern and look new. Towels and cold water are provided. Good for a quick work out. It would however, benefit from a clock and a fan to keep the air moving.

The staff were pleasant but didn't go out of their way to help you.

Adequate for a one night business trip or at the end of a holiday while you wait for a flight. Not comparable to 4* hotels you would find elsewhere and a bit below what you would expect of other Novotel Hotels. Probably best summarised by the American who was sat near me at breakfast..."I'm ready to go home now."

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Novotelcasablanca, Directrice d'exploitation at Novotel Casablanca City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear,

Thank you very much indeed for having taken the time to write your opinion in Tripadvisor and to express your satisfaction following your stay at Novotel Casa City Center

I feel very much sorry for the inconveniences.

I wish to assure you that I have taken the appropriate actions to make sure that no other guests experience those types of regretful.

I certainly would be very pleased to see you again on a next visit at Casablanca.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Really nice example of the brand, clean tidy and all I would have expected. Pity about the surroundings. I was expecting Casablanca to be mysterious, whitewashed and tented with rich fabrics abound, instead it was manic and the streets were extremely dirty with litter and debris everywhere. What a pity. The haunting sunrise with the beautiful singing from the mosque was so atmospheric, until you ventured out. Maybe its because im getting older, maybe this is the place for backpackers who dont mind a bit of rough - watch out for the red petite taxis, yes they are half the price of the white mercs, but i feared for my life in the one I stupidly got in!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

Thank you very much for your message. I appreciate that you take time to give us your positive feed back!

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in Morocco and it was just what we needed after 10nights in Riads. It lived up to the novotel brand, excellent service, clean and spacious rooms. We had tons of english channels to choose from (including English movie channels).

Location: Great if you want to be near the Casa port train station. It is right across the road from Casa port. However beware, if you want to go to the airport from the hotel, you must take the train from casa vouyegurs station. If you do not, you have to change at Ain something station. This does not serve efficiency as the interchange time is long.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brittany N

Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I am satisfied that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and I hope to welcome you home again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Novotel Casablanca honored a wrong pre paid non refundable pricing, £13.00 for a Seaview room including breakfast. We stayed two nights, but then they charged another £23 to our credit card after we left the hotel and arrived home. we did not quibble this charge.
We liked the location, although the seaview is not great; it overlooks the harbour. It is convenient and central to the places a tourist may want to see of Casablanca. Two nights in Casablanca is sufficient.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fooe2

Dear,

First I would like to thank you for choosing Le Novotel Casa City Center.

I will not hesitate to share your comments with my whole team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you in the very near future!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We reached quite early and had to wait a while to check in. We were told to wait and it was only when my husband went to the reception again that we were given a room. We had a room on the 4th floor. We could see the minaret of the Hassan mosque from there. We love the room. It was comfy and nice and the bathroom was perfect and sensible. The bed was super comfy and there is a desk for people to work on their laptop. The TV has ample channel and the heater was perfect. The location was so so but we are not complaining. The breakfast was good and the staff at the restaurant was all-smiling.

We don't like Casablanca but if we ever come again, we will stay at the Novotel. We had a slight problem with the cab though. We asked the hotel for the price to the airport and were quoted 250 DH but when we arrived, the cab driver asked for 300 DH. That was unreasonable and not a fault of the hotel but we wish they would ensure that the cab drivers stick to the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ,

First I would like to thank you for choosing le Novotel Casa City Center.