All reviews central market continental breakfast hassan ii booked this hotel large room stayed two nights min walk morocco medina petit furnishings convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

I only stayed for 1 night (thank God!). It’s the worst hotel I’ve ever seen. The location could not be worst. It’s in a super sketchy area of Casablanca and I was terrified when I was walking to the hotel with our group. I have nothing good to say about this place. It’s dirty, old, smelly, and noisy. We could hear everything people were saying in the hallway and in the room next to ours. The staff is super unfriendly and they barely speak English. The worst was the bathroom. It was so dirty that we were walking around in flip-flops and none of us had the courage to take a shower — it was way to gross in there. It seriously looked like something from a horror movie. A family-friend planned this entire trip and booked this hotel. I never stay at hotels that are below 4-stars and I don’t know how anyone could be satisfied with this dump.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2018

We booked a tour of Morocco, and wanted a hotel to stay in before the tour, and on the day after the tour. We chose Maamoura Hotel. We were not disappointed. Our rooms both times were great; the front desk very helpful; the breakfast was unusually good which was included. The staff was top-notch. We recommend this hotel as a great value for the money while in Casablanca.

Room tip: Best rooms are on 4th floor. Elevator accessible for all floors.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2018

In a busy working section of the city. You get a vibe for the neighborhood. An older hotel, with well used furnishings, but the room was clean and more than adequate and the staff very courteous and helpful. Rachid was so helpful getting me some soup the day I arrived. The 28 hour trip had left me exhausted. He is a big asset to their staff.
And the WiFi worked!
Transportation in and out of the area clogged up at points, but it's a big city. Petit Taxi's available and cheap. Staff even helped me flag some down when I had appointments. Loved the whole experience. At 75 and travelling alone, when at the Maamoura I did not feel alone.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Gail R
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We found this hotel to be better than we expected based on some of the reviews we had read. Many of which were negative and commented on the sketchy area where the hotel is located. Actually the location is fine. Yes it’s on a dirty street but it's only a few blocks away from the Medina where there are the big fancy hotels like Hyatt and Sheraton. Also it's only a short walk to CTV bus terminal so that worked well for us coming by bus from Essaouira. They didn’t seem to have our reservation when we arrived but when we showed them the email confirmation we had received they did give us a room. I suspect we were upgraded as we were given a very large room with a king bed and a very large sitting area. The room was clean, furnishings looked dated to me but that’s not a big problem. Front desk staff were very helpful, one fellow even took us on a walk to a restaurant a few blocks away.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2018

I found the Maamoura Hotel to be a good welcome place after spending over 20 hours to get to Morocco. While a bit outdated, it was clean and the staff was nice and helpful. The hotel is located close to the medina and Hassan II mosque, so it's well-situated. The only complaint I have, and a minor one at that, is that breakfast for us the next day consisted of only croissants and other bread, yet, walking past about 30 minutes later we say others with hot food. I'm not sure if that was part of a different package they had or what the deal was. I don't mind a continental breakfast, so like I said, it's a minor issue for me, but it would have been good to know, regardless.

Date of stay: June 2018