All reviews central market continental breakfast hassan ii booked this hotel large room stayed two nights min walk morocco medina petit furnishings convenience port
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We found this hotel to be better than we expected based on some of the reviews we had read. Many of which were negative and commented on the sketchy area where the hotel is located. Actually the location is fine. Yes it’s on a dirty street but it's only a few blocks away from the Medina where there are the big fancy hotels like Hyatt and Sheraton. Also it's only a short walk to CTV bus terminal so that worked well for us coming by bus from Essaouira. They didn’t seem to have our reservation when we arrived but when we showed them the email confirmation we had received they did give us a room. I suspect we were upgraded as we were given a very large room with a king bed and a very large sitting area. The room was clean, furnishings looked dated to me but that’s not a big problem. Front desk staff were very helpful, one fellow even took us on a walk to a restaurant a few blocks away.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2018

I found the Maamoura Hotel to be a good welcome place after spending over 20 hours to get to Morocco. While a bit outdated, it was clean and the staff was nice and helpful. The hotel is located close to the medina and Hassan II mosque, so it's well-situated. The only complaint I have, and a minor one at that, is that breakfast for us the next day consisted of only croissants and other bread, yet, walking past about 30 minutes later we say others with hot food. I'm not sure if that was part of a different package they had or what the deal was. I don't mind a continental breakfast, so like I said, it's a minor issue for me, but it would have been good to know, regardless.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Stayed two nights and found this hotel a good value and well located. It is close to the central market, lots of shops and restaurants and about 35-40 minute walk to the Hassan II mosque. The hotel has secure car parking which is helpful if you have a car rental. Mobarek was the most helpful of the staffand very kind providing directions, suggestions on what to see and do. The rooms are surprisingly quiet given the hotel is on a busy street. The breakfast was average and did not have enough choice for my liking. The furnishings are dated and the rooms could be better cleaned.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

I loved the politeness and kindness of the staff. They welcomed us in a very friendly way, helping with the luggage and indicating where we could eat. I was only slightly disappointed about the poor cleanness of the toilet. This is a good hotel to spend one or two nights.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

The people that works on the hotel are really nice and they helped us on everything . Rashid and Laçen were more than helpful and nice .
We were two woman traveling alone and we’ve felt really safe with the staff of the hotel

Date of stay: April 2018