“An escape from the litter and grime”

Club Val d'Anfa Hotel
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Casablanca
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am not a lover of Casablanca, however this hotel allowed me to escape the litter and grime that surrounds it. If you must go there this is a better option than most but is outside of town on the beach. It has bars, resuraunt and a club that kicks off at midnight..... way past my bedime so cannot comment on it.

Room Tip: No draught beer!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Don't stay in this dirty hotel please. They didn't allow my girlfriend to enter the hotel till I paid 800 Durham. You have to tip every person in the hotel even with bad services. I recommend not to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ziyad A
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My room had a sea view, but unfortunately there is a barrier between you and the sea which is a deserted aqua park and a garden and a parking lot, and the beach isn't that amazing, lots of locals playing football all the time.

The area is nice, full of restaurants and it was nice walking by the sea and discovering hangouts and secret pubs and shisha places around the hotel.

it is a little faraway from the airport, 200 DHM by taxi, and around 40 DHM to the train station, where you can take a train directly to the airport.

Breakfast was pitch perfect.

friendly staff but some of them are scary and suspicious and rooms were fine and clean except that I found a spider walking on my window.

Room Tip: Don't bother taking the sea view, all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bassem_Ainu
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I should explain that this was not on our itinerary! Our onward flight from Casablanca was cancelled and so we had to find a hotel at the last minute and it's Ramadan so pretty busy!

We got a good rate at the hotel from booking.com. We arrived in a taxi and the charming bellboy helped us with our luggage immediately. The receptionist was polite and efficient but the bellboy was a real character. He showed us up to our room and we discovered that he spoke Spanish which was great as my Spanish seems to be much better than my French these days!

The room is spacious, very clean, elegant and just lovely really! We have a small balcony from which we can see the busy beach and sea. The bathroom is super and just what we needed after our long journey from the airport (we missed our train stop, jumped in a taxi and sat in a traffic jam).

As I said, it's Ramadan and there are a lot of parties and fiestas going on outside and it's quite noisy! The receptionist warned us about this before we checked in and we're quite relaxed about music noise. It would be a problem for some people though and so I would recommend that they didn't come to Casablanca during Ramadan as I would think there is stuff like this going on throughout the city!

We ate the Moroccan buffet at the hotel for dinner, rather than the more Western a la carte option. The staff were all very helpful, brisk, efficient and charming - speaking English and French.

Only downside is that the spa is closed for Ramadan. Not a problem on our quick visit but may have been an issue if I'd booked for longer expecting it to be open.

As we walked into the room, my boyfriend asked if we could just stay here. We're going to somewhere completely amazing and different I hope but otherwise I would have been tempted to say yes.

We are due back in Casablanca on the way home and I confess to having booked this hotel for that part of the journey and then having cancelled it as they did not reply to my emails about needing a transfer. I think I should have persisted with the emails as it's great, and in a super location. Let's hope the other one is truly special too.

Morocco doing good so far!

Room Tip: We were in 441 which has a great view of the sea but is noisy with the parties for Ramadan. So much...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Check-in was no problem. Have your passport ready. The first room we got reeked of cigarette smoke, so we immediately asked for a new one. It was not a big problem, since the bellhop escorted us to our room, so he took care of the luggage. They quickly gave us another room with the ocean view that we requested. Breakfast buffet is decent; could have been better. Fruit, omelet station, pancakes, olives, different syrups and oils, and some other things that I can't remember. It's where I was first introduced to argan oil. Morocco is all about the dang argan oil!! Having breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool with beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean under the clear blue sky was wonderful.

The hotel itself is a smaller, boutique-type hotel, and has nice common areas. The room safe, however, is very small, and would not have fit my 15" laptop if I brought it. It's really only for small valuables, like maybe jewelry, money, and travel documents.

The bathroom is small, but nicely done in marble and beautiful mosaics. It's convenient to be able run down to the bar to get beer, soda, or water, etc. The small garden area they have is well-landscaped. There is no pantry-type area in the hotel where you can purchase basic necessities, so it was inconvenient when I needed an aspirin, which I was told can only be purchased at a pharmacy, which I found all closed when I walked all around looking for one.

Overall, the place is clean and feels more upscale, the rooms are standard-sized, but I am not sure if they differentiate between smoking and non-smoking rooms, so ask about it if it's important to you if you don't want to get stuck with a stinking room. It's a bit of a ride from the airport, but in the heart of the city, not far from the impressive mosque and overlooking the ocean.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had booked a room facing the sea 7 garden. As a sweetenr got instead a junior suite facing a noisy street because my room had been given away.

I wasted my time trying to explain that at the time of the booking 4 days before that kind of room was available. They moved me the day after and told me I would get free breakfast as a compensation.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea or the gardens. They are renovating the façade of the hotel facing the street...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ferntc
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We arrived a day late due to delays and the hotel didn't charge us for the night we missed which was a nice surprise. The hotel is situated in a beautiful part of the city on the beach. The lobby and the entire hotel was in the traditional Moroccan style. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The bellman even went out and purchased my husband an authentic Fez when he asked. Our room overlooked the pool and ocean and was very clean and comfortable. We had two small issues (the safe and the TV remote didn't work) which were fixed as soon as we called. Additionally the restaurants in the hotel served amazing traditional food.

Linda & Frank Winnipeg, Canada