“Basic, average.”

Ranked #56 of 76 Hotels in Casablanca
Darwen, United Kingdom
“Basic, average.”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I was with a large group tour. Was pleased that there was no messing around waiting for room keys. Initial impressions of the room were good until I saw the silverfish in the bathroom and an enormous cockroach on the bedroom floor.
A small balcony overlooked the swimming pool, which made a pleasant view, but I expect it could be noisy in the height of the season.
Apart from the insects mentioned above, the general standard of cleanliness seemed good. Sheets and towels were clean. Bed comfortable. No TV.
Service in the restaurant was poor and the buffet food limited. I asked for a coffee on the evening of my arrival which never came.
Ok for a night. I wouldn't want to stay much longer than that.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This hotel is neat and clean, but totally lacking in service and the food offered is not traditional Moroccan- imagine a Tagine meal served in a porridge bowl!!! The waiters are unskilled, the breakfast bar was constantly empty but nobody fixed it. There have to be better places in Casa

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Casablanca hotels

montreal
Reviewed September 27, 2010

How can anyone reccomend this hotel. Someone actually came into my room with key of course and stole my IPhone. Hotel smells, room service is slow. Breakfast is recycled what one guest doesnt eat, they put it back ... i saw that with my own eyes. Restaurant is empty always and when you eat there you will know why.

Wifi only in lobby

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank harddave
Algeria
Reviewed November 3, 2009

In October 09, I spent 3 days in this Hotel here are my remarks:

Highlights:
On Casablanca corniche, so you can even see the beach from the room balcony,
it looks like it has been recentlly renovated
Rooms are wide,
Close to Megarama Cineama, La Fibule restaurant and Hassan II Mosque
Breakfast is excellent,

Lowlights:
Room Service is slow
No minibar in the room,
No wireless so do not forget to bring your cable,
When you ask for a bottle of water they forget to bring glasses
The tray used to serve service room meals are not clean
Smelly rooms (humidity)
AC is not working well
Poor houskeeping: They do not provide shampoo and bath/shower gel on a regular basis

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Konak_Hotel
KSA
Reviewed October 7, 2009

September 21-28, 2009
Suisse Hotel is located in an ideal and nice area in Casa near the beach. The view is the ocean but not the beach. Per statt, only 30% of the rooms are booked. You feel lonely at that place except few guests arrive via huge buses but in the morning you don't see anyone of them. Breakfast is poor and the same everyday. Staff were eating their food near the left in the lobby and shouting all the time. I have no problem with that cause you feel one family with them. There is no kettle in the rooms as mentioned in the facilities tab. I used to run AC but I am not sure if it was cooling or not. The weather was not bad anyway. The price was fair. Once, I called room service to bring me some ice and the boy asked for 30 MD without any receipt. I asked him to charge my room, and when I checked out, I discoved that the ice is for free and the boy intended to keep the mony for himself. After I checked out I asked the boy to bring my bag from my room. He brought it but after that I found that he has opened my bag and stolen 6 cigarette packets (white Marlboro) from my luggage. There is no general manager for that hotel to treat such cases. Be careful to your valuable and non-valuable things when you are there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Neptune Beach, FL
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We stayed here twice in May of 2008 on a tour.

I give this hotel a rating of 3 on a scale of 5.

This is a good sized hotel with about six floors. Rooms on one side of the hotel have a view toward the ocean which is a couple blocks away and of the French lighthouse and the tower of Hasan II in the distance. You can't see the beach but you can see the ocean. This view makes these rooms more desirable than the rooms that face in the other three directions. All rooms have balconies. We tried to walk to the ocean but couldn't get through on the route that we chose. What we saw did not appear to be a bathing beach.

Food in the hotel's dining room? Average for Morocco. We didn't starve but it wasn't a gourmet dining experience.

The hotel was comfortable and the staff were pleasant.

This hotel does not seem to be anywhere near anything that anybody would want to be near.

• Liked — The rooms were spacious.
  • Disliked — Location and Food
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2007

I had read some really negative reviews about this hotel, but they didn't ring true when we arrived. The hotel is not bad at all. The only thing that struck me as odd was a strange "empty" vibe. Some of the time it felt as though the place was completely abandoned. I only really noticed tour groups and sports teams using the hotel as a starting point. Other than the courtyard on the first floor, it had a really empty feeling. The rooms were rather large, and quite comfortable. We did not have a shower in either room we stayed in, and had to make due with a bath. My only room-related complaint was that our first room overlooked some opthamology college that had guard dogs...that barked ALL NIGHT long. We had to move rooms, and the staff were accomodating. We had a real problem with taxis from the hotel (and this is not a strike against the hotel - to their credit, they were very helpful in trying to keep cab drivers from extorting us!) I would highly recommend leaving the hotel, crossing the intersection and flagging a petit taxi from there - otherwise the cab drivers insist on charging you extra. Also, get the cab drivers to let you out at the intersection by blvd de la corniche when coming back - most of them don't even want to drive into the hotel, anyway. There seems to be some shady arguments between taxi drivers and hotel staff, and unfortunately, tourists take the brunt! On the upside, the breakfast included in our stay was very substantial and good. I really recommend the harira soup - it seemed odd to eat soup for breakfast, but they make a mean harira at this hotel! (Food tip: There's a great little grocery store that makes awesome sandwiches just across the road - the hotel staff to pointed it out to us. You can choose your veggies, meats and cheeses and they fill up a generous piece of Moroccan bread with whatever you want for next to nothing! It also carries imported cookies, sweets, snacks, etc.) I would recommend this hotel to someone who isn't overly picky. Like others have said, it's newly renovated, the staff seem to try hard, and it's a decent base in a safe area of Casa.

• Stayed July 2007