“It's a Must”

$82.99*
Full-Day Casablanca and Rabat Private Tour from Casablanca
Ranked #1 of 88 things to do in Casablanca
More attraction details
Owner description: This stately mosque, a fine example of pure Moroccan architecture, is the only one in the city that non-Muslims may visit.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Visiting Casablanca will not be completed without visiting this mosque. A very big mosque with stunning Moroccan architecture. It's also known as the biggest mosque out of Mecca and Medina. The floors at outside are covered by marble. The walls are decorated by colored tiling. It's located next to the sea where you just could sitting around and enjoying the breeze. Since I'm muslim, I didn't pay any enter fee for entering the mosque. They let me in, without asking anything. I did praying, and then capturing beautiful snaps of its architecture interior. It's not so far from Medina, only 15 minutes walking distance.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

You have to make sure you go during tour hours which I believe are at 9,10,11 and 2p.m. otherwise you can't go in. The tour is very informative and allows you to enter a mosque which in most places you are not allowed to do. You get the tour with the entrance fee which is around 12 euros. Very impressive mosque.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Viewing this building from the outside with its vast paved areas and grand appearance of marble and coloured tiling.is quite something until you go inside and you really appreciate the design and engineering. Persian carpets by the acre, chandeliers by the score. If you are ever in the area this is a must for your itinerary.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We spent a fantastic 1 1/2 hours at this incredible mosque built over the ocean in Casablanca. The 1 hour tour was very comprehensive and the tour guide was excellent. My photos of this amazing place were some of the best I took in Morocco. We were happy to finally be able to visit a mosque in Morocco as in Turkey we had visited so many. However, this mosque surpassed all but Hagia Sofia in Istanbul.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This mosque is no doubt, the number attraction of Casablanca and for me, the main highlight of my Morocco holiday.

The mosque is, I will stress, incredibly massive. Simply massive! Especially that tower. The interior decorations are mind-blowing. From the beautiful ceiling designs, the gigantic pillars, the Jawi artwork and to the tall doors.

According to our guide - our Malaysian friend studying there, during the month of Ramadhan, the whole open space, the field is filled with Muslims praying together.

The place for Wudhu, 'cleansing' the body briefly with water, follows down some stairs to an ancient like underground.

I felt really fortunate, blessed that I was able to pray there.

But non-Muslim or Muslim, this mosque is a beautiful landmark and its position of being near to sea, just adds a touch of majestic feeling to it.