“Good Hotel”

Ranked #34 of 75 Hotels in Casablanca
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

A very good hotel, centrally located with friendly staff. Rooms were nice and big and plenty of choice at breakfast. Everything was clean and nothing was too much trouble. Excellent for those on business or those just travelling.

Room Tip: No problems with my room on 5th floor and it was quiet despite overlooking main road
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Garethfromllandudno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a very average hotel, even for Morocco, though the rooms were clean and roomy enough. Fridge didn't work and there was no airconditioning, not that we really needed it in April. We were booked in for a tour so were given set meals in the restaurant. These were very ordinary and not especially tasty, but the a la carte restaurant next to it may have been better.

Room Tip: Front rooms have view of street. Back rooms look at roofs and satellite dishes.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, E-Commerce Executive at Idou Anfa Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing the Idou Anfa Hotel, and for the time you spent to write your comment on TripAdvisor.
I regret that you have not enjoyed the food at the Restaurant, it was a group meal provided by our Executive Chief. I invite you during your next stay for a meal in the other restaurant, our Executive Chief will serve you the most delicious and tasty dishes of Moroccan & International cuisine.
We hope to see you again very soon
Best Regards
Granby, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We spent our first night in Morocco in the Idou Anfa. We were there on a weekend and the hotel was fairly empty as they seem to cater mostly to people on business trips. The staff seemed to be glad to have at least a few customers around and was very friendly and helpful. Our room was smaller than North-American standard but not too small. Everything was clean & worked well, but furniture is not the latest style without being too worn out. Even the WiFi in the room was strong enough to have a video-call with family back home. The restaurant had prepared a delicious meal for our group and the waiter were excellent.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms have a nice view over the city.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stay in fm 1.5 till 5.5 nice hotel clean and quet in high floors. Very good location , need little upgrade but for Marroco is very good. Staff very helpfull no money ask , restaurants looks ok but I don't try. For what I pay I m happy.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Blackjack12
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The bed is clean and comfty, but the carbet is very dirty, it can have better furnature in the room, I stayed for 3 nights, its not great hotel ,but didn't feel I must leave there. It's in good location walking distance from the famous mosck (sidi hasan II) you can actually see it from the highst floor in the hotel where there z a bar, hair cuttery, sona spa where you can get a massage. its one hour drive from the Intl airport CMN, 300 dirhams. Also you have to eat sea food at restaurant de PORT on the ocean, and visit the Bazar, try their honey, olives and sweets, its good Also take a walk at the Cornesh along the water, many restaurants and bars.. the staff are very helpful, but breakfast is very very weak. next time I'll pay $40 extra and stay at the kinzy towers few blocks down. C U around

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lille, France
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Rooms are very clean, the staff very welcoming and helpful, the breakfast is really good. View from the bar at the 16th worthes it and drinks are affordable. A really good hotel.

Prices seems quite high regarding country standard, but Casablanca hotel proces are weirdly high. This hotel was a good deal regarding casa standards.

Watch out, swimming pool was under renovation when I was there (prices were cheaper also, so I'm OK)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Romain494
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was here the last night of a 9 day tour, and the hotel and the Anfa district (Casablanca's most exclusive) were a good place to end the program. The rooms were large enough to repack our luggage without feeling like we were pressed for space; the televisions were large and decent, and the wifi connection was strong. The lobby was overrun with conference attendees (we were looking for a place to meet as a group to fill out evaluations from the tour company and sign some thank you cards), but we made it work. The dinner was a bit odd - there was another group organized by the same company who was just beginning their program, and management insisted that we had to sit together, even though we explained that we were weren't all together. The food was decent, although the service was somewhat slow (the restaurant was overrun with customers). The only negative was that the concierge was a bit rude with me when I asked about arranging transport to the airport for two people flying separately -- he abruptly informed me that he'd already discussed it with our guide and ended the conversation. Other than that, I'd use them again to conclude a program - those who wanted to do last minute shopping found it easily; those who wanted to go to Starbucks across the street got their frappucino fix; and me? I wanted to lay on my bed and watch Egyptian soap operas, and I got my wish too!

Room Tip: It's Casablanca: rooms on upper floors will be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends